Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

The only one I really didn't like was the Hundredfold Problem - just awful.
The rest were very good and I wish they would make more.
...because I hate you.

Dash Decent

No tie-in novelisation?  Any word on a tie-in computer game?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mardroid

Quote from: Dash Decent on 03 July, 2012, 01:49:54 PM
No tie-in novelisation?  Any word on a tie-in computer game?

Molch-R's said there won't be one.

Molch-R

DarkDaysBish-OP

Lee Bates wrote: I've only read one Dredd novel before, I can't remember the title but it was by Dave Bishop and was about a monster on the loose in MC1. It wasn't very good at all and put me off reading any more.

That sounds like Silencer, my 3rd Virgin novel. Yes, it was a bit shit.

Not quite sure why Rebellion have chosen to reprint Kingdom of the Blind in the movie tie-in omnibus, as that's also not great. If asked, I would have suggested Bad Moon Rising, it's a much better novel IMHO.

davidbishop

Richard

I thought The Savage Amusement was your best one.

Emperor

New S&S trades:

Judge Dredd: Origins (March 2013):
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Judge-Dredd-Origins/John-Wagner/9781781080993

Ichabod Azrael (May 2013):
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Grievous-Journey-of-Ichabod-Azrael-(And-The-Dead/Dom-Reardon/9781781080306

That last one is interesting as there is nothing showing up for a UK release yet.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dash Decent

Quote from: Emperor on 14 July, 2012, 02:17:08 AM
That last one is interesting as there is nothing showing up for a UK release yet.

Do you mean there's no UK equivalent version, or it's just not available to order in the UK?  Amazon UK have been listing it for pre-order for several months.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grievous-Journey-Ichabod-Azrael-Dead/dp/1781080305/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342266972&sr=8-2-fkmr0
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

O Lucky Stevie!

Latest Prieviews lists the following Thrills for Progs 1803 - 1807

ABC Warriors: Return to Earth
Brass Sun: Wheel of Worlds (Yay!)
The Simping Detective (No hints on artist but still -- double yay!)
Low Life: Saudade (Triple yay with a cherry on top!)

& intriguingly...

Quote...something sinister is abroad in Justice Department in "Judge Dredd: The Cold Deck."

which could possibly be either the long time between drinks return of Dan Abnett to Old Stoney Face or the major Al Ewings storyline for which the seeds were sown in The Family Man back in Megs 312 & 313.

Or something else entirely.

Speaking of the Meg, 329 will feature a bonus Dredd coutesy of Gordon Rennie & Paul Marshall. Plus a floppy of Finn.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Adventurer

The Simping Dectective in the Prog? Hmm. 

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

hippynumber1

Looking forward to the floppy of Finn! Does anyone know if there are plans to continue with the Strontium Dogs/Durham Red arc in the floppies though, I was enjoying those...

radiator

The Simping Detective story is called Jokers to the Right and will have art by Simon Coleby.

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 28 July, 2012, 11:47:32 AM
The Simping Detective story is called Jokers to the Right and will have art by Simon Coleby.

Unexpected, but very very welcome.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: radiator on 28 July, 2012, 11:47:32 AM
Excelent! Coleby seem's to have been very silent these last few years.

The Adventurer

Simon Coleby sounds like a real good fit for Simping Detective, if his work on Low Life and Malone is anything to go by.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK