Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

We must be due a Grey Area collection soon? Mind you I'm still waiting for the complete Damnation Station.

GordonR

QuoteAquila: Mars in Venella from Grennie & Paul Davidson

That sound you hear is a thousand Latin scholars wailing in anguish.

It's Mors Venetiae.

Magnetica

Quote from: Rio De Fideldo on 29 September, 2016, 11:33:54 AM
We must be due a Grey Area collection soon? Mind you I'm still waiting for the complete Damnation Station.

Good shout on both of those. I'd even break my "I don't read stuff I've already got rule" for them.

Richard

I don't buy stuff I've already got. But if I didn't even read stuff I've already got, then what would be the point of having it?

Colin YNWA

Chuffed we're getting The Order back so soon.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 September, 2016, 07:22:57 PM
Chuffed we're getting The Order back so soon.
Aye, i'll share thise terms. The best post 2010 thrill so far, IMHO. Freaking adore The Order.

Link Prime

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 29 September, 2016, 07:08:16 AM
Quote from: Jacqusie on 24 September, 2016, 02:08:44 PM

I'm looking forward to 'Hope' down the line - it looks very interesting and I think that Guy Adams has been building this world beforehand in his books (I may be wrong...)

Hope debuts in the end of year prog so we won't have to wait too long, Jacqsie.

As do Kingmaker from Ian Edginton & Leigh Gallagher, Dabnett & Mark Harrison re-unite more Grey Area, a Fall of Deadworld one-off courtesy of Kek-W & Nick Percival. Aquila: Mars in Venella from Grennie & Paul Davidson, the next series of The Order & "The Festival Flipflop" sees Ace & co. back in the prog proper again thanks to Eddie Robson & Nigel Dobbyn.

Oh, & Dredd by Rob Williams & the esteemed Chris Weston.

Looking good, Green Bonce. Looking mighty good.

Zarjaz, even.

Nice work Stevie.

It'll be good to have both Ace Garp and Nigel Dobbyn back in the Prog, the recent one-off worked for me.

Rio De Fideldo

I wonder if Tharg is saving the Bisley Joe Pineapples strip for the 40th birthday issue.

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 30 September, 2016, 09:29:23 AM
It'll be good to have both Ace Garp and Nigel Dobbyn back in the Prog, the recent one-off worked for me.

Indeed. Dobbyn does the impossible and makes a post-Massimo Ace look good - not an easy job, as many prior horrors have shown. Even Cliff's version on the poster is terrifying!

Colin YNWA

Trying to work out what will be taking the 4 slots into the new year and what will be end of year one offs. I'm making the assumption that the two new thrills will be ongoing. I'm guessing The Order is a series, though this could be a one off leaving the last space for Aquila and Grey Area. Given that Aquila has a 'title' my guess, nowt more of course, is we'll see that in January and Grey Area and Ace are self contaones treat sized stories?

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: GordonR on 29 September, 2016, 11:59:13 AM
QuoteAquila: Mars in Venella from Grennie & Paul Davidson

That sound you hear is a thousand Latin scholars wailing in anguish.

It's Mors Venetiae.

Right you are, Gordon.

Stevie mistook that sound for the superstorm that blacked out his entire home state & sent sent his cribbed-from-Nigel-Molesworth-&-dinosaur-books Latin whirling out the window.

Oh, & it's Dave "rhymes with Nick Percival" Kendall as it should beon Fall of Deadword now that the waters have receded & the lights are back on.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Frank

"I've just finished a new Mechanismo story with John McCrae on art, and soon will be moving on to a follow up to Dark Justice with Nick Percival"

Magnetica

Interesting. I thought John Wagner was on record that he was bored to tears with the Dark Judges. Didn't he say something like that in this summer's 3 part thrillcast?

Frank

I'm guessing hardback sales were healthy. Wagner's been saying he's bored with the DJs for a quarter of a century, but if he doesn't write it someone else will.

PsychoGoatee

Very pleased to hear about those new stories, and any new stories by John Wagner in general!