Main Menu

Dredd - Offical Trailer

Started by Goaty, 21 June, 2012, 05:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABCwarBOT

I don't want this to turn into a debate about scojo but I've just looked at what Steve's posted and to be honest....I can't really tell anything much from that apart from he had depression.    I still think it's odd though.   I mean is this guy some disgruntled former emploee of something 2000AD or Dredd related?    If he's this well known and has been haunting the Dredd world for so long (and apparently driving loads of people mental ) is there any pictures of him?

Does anyone on here know him or who he is?    Has he threatened anyone.. got some agenda or is he just a fan venting a few frustrations?   

Goaty

They don't accept his scripts

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 June, 2012, 11:23:56 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 28 June, 2012, 11:20:11 PM
That half hour Spiderman trailer sounds ridiculous.

It's not official, it's a fan edit of all available footage. The cinema trailer is 6 minutes though.
[/quote

At least it's not the studios then.  Mind youthat's still a lot of footage knocking about. 
Maybe even 6 minutes is a bit long too. 

JOE SOAP

Fuggedaboutit, it's Scojotown.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Regarding the argument about budget and vision, I think it was probably a bit of both. They wouldn't have set out to make a sci-fi epic on a low budget, but I don't think the film has suffered for it at all. I think it looks fantastic and personally am really glad they have gone for the post-apocalyptic grunge look, rather then flying cars and shiny stuff.

They clearly wanted to make a gritty dark film from the get go, and it would have probably have been harder to put across the point that this is a bad time to live in if everyone is flying around with rocket boots.

Dredd is going to kick serious ass.

Also, on the point of trailers, I think what they should do is a fast paced super cut of loads of the gore (not all obviously), going so fast that it can't possibly ruin the story or reveal much, and they could work in a bit of slow-mo in the middle or something.

Something along the lines of the Aliens vs. Predator killmoves trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKG6dyA110

Now THAT would get peoples attention, and make them shut up about Stallone and The Raid.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Goaty on 28 June, 2012, 11:37:44 PM
They don't accept his scripts

Well if that's true then he obviously could have an agenda and is obviously known to certain people in the Dredd/2000AD world......there again maybe his concerns about the film are genuine.     

If his name is public knowledge and I stress it's not breaking any privacy laws (and any other laws in general ) etc then let's find out who he is.   Let's have a name and face.

DeFuzzed

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 28 June, 2012, 11:48:21 PMlet's find out who he is.   Let's have a name and face.

Let's not. Move along, move along, god please can we just move along?

To Dredd, pretty please. And I swears, if someone starts to make a point that the above issue is Dredd related, I may just track you down and scare you silly. Yes I will.

I love the trailer, by the way. Everything looks absolutely peachy keen to me, and the city and the styles and the retro all make me squirm happily. I'm definitely in the camp of 'no flying cars yay'. Love the helmet on bit, gives me chills. Electrifying :)

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 28 June, 2012, 11:44:35 PM

Something along the lines of the Aliens vs. Predator killmoves trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKG6dyA110

Now THAT would get peoples attention, and make them shut up about Stallone and The Raid.

Maybe after its been in the cinema for about a week. I won't be able to resist watching it, and I'm mostly looking forward to seeing all the kill moves in Dredd. Mostly

JOE SOAP

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I think they are warming to this incarnation slowly but surely. Hopefully the film will deliver for them (and us) and he can potentially become an icon over the pond.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Beaky Smoochies

Whatever our 'cousins' across the pond think of the trailer, the fact remains that it looks very much like we've FINALLY got the Judge Dredd movie we've waited 35 years for; and all it took was an independent British production company, Indian money, a South African filming location, and a mere $45m... take that Yanks :P !
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Richmond Clements

This is a thread to discuss the trailer, not Scojo. Stop. Talking. About. Him.

Hoagy

Talking about the trailer up thread there. There were worries that half the film be shown in two trailers. I was appreciating how they mainly expanded on stills already doing the rounds. Its pretty tight and still a full on film trailer. The red band may do the same for the gore. Photos already posted getting given a little movement.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract