Main Menu

Dredd - Offical Trailer

Started by Goaty, 21 June, 2012, 05:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 27 June, 2012, 09:38:29 PM
QuoteYeah, but none you'll see outside of SA.. And I don't mean those goofy looking mine protected things. Either way, it's irrelevant now.

That got me curious...

http://aada-african-car.blogspot.co.uk/

Nope..

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 27 June, 2012, 09:43:22 PM

http://www.paramountgroup.biz/en/products/land

Aaaaaaand nope..

After september 7..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Woolly

Late to the party here - trailer is about the best thing i've seen all year!
Also, does anyone know if there's going to be a red-band trailer released? Would love to see a bit of Dredd gore!  :)

radiator

I would very much expect so.

My fear is that they're going to release pretty much the entire film in various clips and trailers as seems to be the fashion these days, leaving nothing to surprise the viewer when they finally see the actual film at the cinema - and I'll watch every single one of them because I'm a fucking idiot.

I'm pretty good these days at resisting trailers - only watched The Dark Knight Rises trailer because it played before Prometheus and I literally couldn't avoid it - but I know I won't be able to help myself with Dredd!

JOE SOAP

It's rather unsettling that there's approx. 30 minutes of Spider-Man film-footage out there from all the promos and trailers.

Michaelvk

..and it's because of the half hour emofest that was the spiderman trailer in front of Prometheus that made me not want to go watch it.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

blackmocco

They had to. Nobody was interested in seeing it. Have to admit, I watched the 28 minute promo and it did make me want to go check it out...

I'd hate that to happen with Dredd, mind you. [spoiler]Let's face it, the plot's not exactly dense.[/spoiler] Like to keep as much of it under wraps for myself as possible.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Steve Green

Much as I hate trailer overload, I'd hope a redband is planned.

It doesn't have to be markedly different or show it's hand totally - just enough to attract the sort of audience that will turn up to see a few heads go pop.

radiator

I'd say a redband trailer is a certainty.

vzzbux

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 28 June, 2012, 01:15:37 AM
Seeing as I haven't seen it yet I can't say for sure can I.   Here's a few things I do like from what I've seen and heard....

I like the fact that it's going to be gritty

I like that Dredd doesn't remove his helmet

I like certain aspects of Dredds uniform (the helmet for instance)

I like certain aspects from what I've seen of Mega City 1

So just because I criticise certain aspects of the flm doesn't mean I'm this scojo or that I don't think they've got anything right.
You haven't seen the film yet but you are very quick to hammer home the negatives. I think this is the first time you have typed something positive.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Lee Bates on 28 June, 2012, 08:04:59 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 28 June, 2012, 01:15:37 AM
Seeing as I haven't seen it yet I can't say for sure can I.

STOP INCESSANTLY COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE THEN.

No need to shout and don't exaggerate.   I've already said some things I like and if you don't like my posts then don't read them.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: brendan1 on 28 June, 2012, 11:10:21 AM
Why is everyone picking on this bloke and calling him scojo?

The vehicles DO look a little bit disappointingly retro. This is largely because of budget and not because it's part of "the vision". If they had a budget of £200m I'm sure the city and vehicles and overall look of the film would be far closer to the amazing future metropolis we all know.

"Mewl mewl how do you know what the future looks like?"

Easy. We all know what Mega-City One is supposed to look like, because it's been portrayed in the fucking comic for 3 decades. It looked pretty great in the Stallone film at the start.

All this chat about fucking post-nuclear realism and whatnot is a bit silly.

Thanks for injecting some sanity into this scojo insanity Brendan.    And can't help but agree with what you say.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Steve Green on 28 June, 2012, 11:00:23 AM
Quote from: Goaty on 28 June, 2012, 06:36:57 AM
*sigh* hello Scott

Goaty - Can we move on, please? He's not him. Not everyone who doesn't like an aspect of the film is Scojo.

ABCWarbot - Really, you think this is some sort of group hallucination? I really don't want to waste time on talking about him, but have a trawl through the usenet archives of alt.comics.2000ad,

https://groups.google.com/group/alt.comics.2000ad/topics

There's literally over a decade of his stuff there. If that's not enough for you, PM me - I don't want to clutter up the board giving a potted history of him.

Thanks for posting those.  I'll have a look at them now seeing as I know nothing about this person.

The Bissler

Ignoring the Scojo conversation... I'd like to add to the general feeling that - so far as trailers go - less is more.  When I went to see Prometheus with a group of friends, we were all pretty appalled that how much of the film had been spoiled by the trailers.  We were all unianimous that the extensive Spiderman advert was a massive mistake, and that we felt like we'd effectively seen the film.
I don't want Dredd to be ruined by following this ridiculous trend.

ABCwarBOT

That half hour Spiderman trailer sounds ridiculous.   I hate the way some of these traliers give half the film away before you've even seen it.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 28 June, 2012, 11:20:11 PM
That half hour Spiderman trailer sounds ridiculous.

It's not official, it's a fan edit of all available footage. The cinema trailer is 6 minutes though.