Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: sheridan on 26 June, 2020, 01:05:05 PM
You wrote things which aren't even there any more!

2000AD Prog 221: Nappy days for Robo Hunter "Presennnnnt – BOTTLES!"

The first G.I.s!  And Rogue isn't the only child soldier...

Sorry for sounding like a broken record but I think this is prog 321 and not 221
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 26 June, 2020, 01:49:40 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 26 June, 2020, 01:05:05 PM
You wrote things which aren't even there any more!

2000AD Prog 221: Nappy days for Robo Hunter "Presennnnnt – BOTTLES!"

The first G.I.s!  And Rogue isn't the only child soldier...

Yeah to be fair though Sheridan is probably like the rest of us and just aghast that he can keep this pace up so psychologically just thinks he must be at least 100 behind where he actually is!

Sorry for sounding like a broken record but I think this is prog 321 and not 221

TordelBack

How Sheridan keeps this up at all is beyond me. He's like one of those YouTubers who put out 3 videos on each of 3 channels every single day - except that he's somehow actually coherent and worth your time.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 June, 2020, 02:39:52 PM
How Sheridan keeps this up at all is beyond me. He's like one of those YouTubers who put out 3 videos on each of 3 channels every single day - except that he's somehow actually coherent and worth your time.

Mostly coherent!  Thanks for the compliment and I'd better get to changing that prog number (again)!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 322: AAAAAAAROOO Cry of the Werewolf

One of the first progs I read, and some of my favourite stories!

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 27 June, 2020, 12:02:34 PM
2000AD Prog 322: AAAAAAAROOO Cry of the Werewolf

One of the first progs I read, and some of my favourite stories!

Also I definitely got the number right today.

broodblik

Should this not be prog 222  >:D
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 27 June, 2020, 12:42:50 PM
Should this not be prog 222  >:D

:P

2000AD Prog 323: Meet Nu Earth's genetic infantrymen If his number comes up, they all die!

Themes this prog: escape, time travel, subterranea, time travel, subterranea, escape, subterranea.  (2000AD is not an underground comic).

sheridan

2000AD Prog 324: Robo Hunter returns to Brit-Cit "Dumb place to park a chair, ya crazy hume!" KRAAAK!

The last of the batch of progs given to me as a child - I think they were already a few weeks old by the time they were given to me - whatever, it wasn't until a month later that I actually bought my first prog.

sheridan

Lobo Baggins

Only Arthur Ranson's decaying New York from Anderson: Psi Division rivals Steve Dillon's version of the Undercity, IMO.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

sheridan

I've got sooo much to look forward to!

2000AD Prog 326: "Is this the death of a G.I.?"

Is it the death of a G.I.?  What do you think?

sheridan

2000AD Prog 327: Dredd – on the menu for the white werewolf!

Tharg redefines the word 'soon'.  The white werewolf takes Dredd for a bite to eat.

Tharg redefines the word 'soon'*.  The white werewolf takes Dredd for a bite to eat.

*to be fair, not for the first time...

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 02 July, 2020, 12:11:13 PM
2000AD Prog 327: Dredd – on the menu for the white werewolf!

Tharg redefines the word 'soon'.  The white werewolf takes Dredd for a bite to eat.

Tharg redefines the word 'soon'*.  The white werewolf takes Dredd for a bite to eat.

*to be fair, not for the first time...

I blame the Time Twisters.

I also blame the Time Twisters for all those midlabelled progs earlier as well.

sheridan