Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Dunk!-

Quote from: JamesC on 10 October, 2014, 11:46:21 AM
Quote from: GordonR on 10 October, 2014, 11:20:49 AM
Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 10 October, 2014, 10:55:15 AM
It makes me laugh when Scottish nationalists attack UKIP for espousing nationalist policies. I guess it looks like there's a difference to you guys, because hating the English is fine but hating Europeans is racist.

This'll be news to all the English (and Polish, Irish, Swedish, Australian and American) people I know living here in Scotland who voted Yes last month.

Collaborators!

Scotalists!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 10 October, 2014, 10:55:15 AM
It makes me laugh when Scottish nationalists attack UKIP for espousing nationalist policies. I guess it looks like there's a difference to you guys, because hating the English is fine but hating Europeans is racist.

However, I am looking forward to engaging in the inevitable EU referendum in defence of the UK's membership.

I hate English racists. But I also hate Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Indian, Russian, Chinese, American (and so on) racists...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2014, 11:54:52 AM
I hate English racists. But I also hate Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Indian, Russian, Chinese, American (and so on) racists...

So, you admit you're a racistist, then?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 October, 2014, 12:00:32 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2014, 11:54:52 AM

So, you admit you're a racistist, then?

Cheers

Jim

I hate those guys most of all.

Prodigal2

Speaking as a Norn Iron resident may I say how depressing it is to be depressed by all the politics of this disunited kingdom.

TordelBack

The only Race I hate is Roy.  I can never forgive him for defecting to Walford Rovers for the whole of the 1983 season.  Melchester 4 Life.

Goaty

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 October, 2014, 12:13:08 PM
The only Race I hate is Roy.  I can never forgive him for defecting to Walford Rovers for the whole of the 1983 season.  Melchester 4 Life.

:D

Prodigal2

:D

8-Ball

:lol:

A bandwagon that I am more than happy to jump on.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

The Legendary Shark

I don't hate anyone. I hate certain attitudes and certain ideas but hating people is just stupid and blinkered. (I have to take this attitude in order to rise above all those bastards who hate me...)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Grugz

I have an issue with the term racist, we are the human race...all the other bits are a different breed of the same species ,so its speciesist. like my dog and jack russells
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Daveycandlish

Jack russells are little bastards!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Frank

Quote from: Grugz on 10 October, 2014, 04:15:45 PM
I have an issue with the term racist

It's not particularly helpful or truthful to label everyone voting for Farage a racist. I'm sure a good number of the disaffected Labour voters who made Heywood a close race were like the couple I heard interviewed who muttered "you aren't allowed to say these days, are you?" when asked why they'd switched from Labour to The 'KIP, but The Farage Party is winning in the kind of style the poor old openly racist BNP never did. Farage isn't a racist - he's a calculating opportunist.

What Farage has calculated - correctly, as it turns out - is that if you put together all the closet racists, mild xenophobes, folk who wish it could all be like the old days, those concerned that the Schengen Agreement was worked out on the back of a fag packet, and the underclass who feel aggrieved that a surplus of cheap labour has driven down wages/condemned them to a life on benefits, then you get a voter base large enough to buy yourself some influence on policy .

Challenging the assumptions upon which the last two of those groups base their voting intentions seems like a better way of convincing them that isolation and protectionism aren't realistic strategies in the modern world than tarring them with the same brush as the nutters with whom they share a platform

Spikes

A great post, that Sauchie. More of this on here please!

UKIP making head way is a depressing affair though, and i do agree that Farage is, at present - at any rate, a calculating opportunist.

This is all going to run, and run i think. Like i said; A depressing affair.

CrazyFoxMachine

I hope this latest ironic profile pic/name phase is a brief one Sauchie  :sick:

The Greens have had a single MP for years and you never hear this AMOUNT of noise about them. Quite depressing, quite disturbing. Car crash publicity.