Main Menu

STRIP submissions wanted

Started by Alski, 15 May, 2011, 09:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alski

http://stripcomicmagazineuk.blogspot.com/

This is in "Books & Comics", but just in case you missed it.

"Six page, self-contained black and white or colour adventure stories which can have twist or shock endings, or a 'snapshot' of an ongoing tale from creator-owned strips. The strips should be action-oriented, reflecting the tone of STRIP Magazine; they can have an adventure, war, fantasy or science fiction setting but should not veer to the adult, horrific or horror."

Anyway - I WILL have an idea for this, but need an artist to play with.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Zarjazzer

OMG he says sounding like a tweenager it has Age OF Heroes in it by James Hudnall a simply fantastic comic. :o :)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Bolt-01

Talking to John Freeman about this over the weekend- he reminds us all that STRIP is aiming for very much an all ages appeal. PLEASE bear that in mind when submitting. And good luck!

Steven Denton

That's an excellent opportunity... now I just have to scramble around and see if I have anything that fits the bill!

Alski

Okay, I have an artist and letterer, and a story inspired by the first line of a song that came on the radio last night.

Now to try and write the bugger...

Emperor

OK looks like I'll be part of a team shooting for this, just need to finalise our approach and get the script written.

Anyone else in?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Van Dom

I've spent the last few days working on tailoring an old idea to fit the remit for this and have just about finalised the outline for what I think fits the bill. Next step is begging for somebody to team up with my and draw it! (And write the script of course!)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

CrazyFoxMachine

21st July..... hmmm. Well, potentially - if anyone thinks I'd be suitable for their words I'll do it.

Greg M.

I am also trying to put something together for this... I have my main idea for a strip that could work as a one-off or a repeat performer, getting the script done at the moment... so if any artistic or letterer chappies fancy collaborating on something post-apocalyptic and yet still all-ages, please let me know.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 24 May, 2011, 06:20:58 PM
21st July..... hmmm. Well, potentially - if anyone thinks I'd be suitable for their words I'll do it.

If you think my words would be suitable for your art, I'll send something your way, foxy.

Alski

Script now written, will now wait for the artist top do his magic!

...and the letterer!

Van Dom

Nice one Alski, best of luck with it.
I've now finalised my idea as well and have the first draft down, gonna be ready to go in a day or two so I am now officially asking....

Anybody wants to get STRIPPED with me!????!!!?? :D
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Van Dom

Well, I haven't had any takers for this so it seems like everyone is already otherwise engaged. Gonna have one last crack at it before I throw in the towel though! 

If the thought of getting 6 pages done by the 21st July is off-putting, how about 3? The script I have is comprised of 2 individual 3 page segments, two distinct halves of a story that can standalone, but also work together to present a 'bigger picture'. It might work with a different artist on each part, so that might be an option.

Last try then, anybody up for a THREE-WAY collaboration on this???? PM me!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Neil McClements

If you want check out some of my stuff then look over there >>>>
Dont know if it would suit your story but I'd be willing to give three pages a bash. Dont worry if you feel i'm not suitable as i'm not even sure myself!

Pauul

I just completed a six page script which I think would be a good fit for Strip Magazine if any artists are interested in taking a look?

The strip features an ongoing character and is called 'Power Gauntlet'.

I would best describe it as 'James Bond' meets 'Doctor Strange'.

A female superspy tasked with tracking down mystical objects becomes bonded to an artefact known as the Gauntlet of Power.

If anyone does want to take a read, then send me a message (or reply on here).