Main Menu

2000AD for Kids

Started by pauljholden, 08 February, 2012, 11:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

Cool.

I still haven't had a chance to read it, as my son is reading Zelda Manga books at the moment.

My local comic shop (OK comics) seems to be showcasing it at the moment, as they've given a full shelf to the complete run (so far). I might pick them all up then.

It does show that someone thinks there is a market and is willing to throw some real investment at it. Good luck to them.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Minty on 21 March, 2012, 10:37:21 AM
My local comic shop (OK comics) seems to be showcasing it at the moment, as they've given a full shelf to the complete run (so far). I might pick them all up then.

Are you 'local' then? We may have crossed paths before now. OK Comics is a really good shop isn't it? Nice staff and a wide range of comics, not just superhero stuff. And best of all, it's not a glorified toy shop.

I wonder how many issues of the Phoenix are sold per week? If it's just adult comic fans buying it for their kids, they can't be shifting many. Hope it is though, it's the sort of comic all kids should be encouraged to read.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Steven Sterlacchini

Yep, I'm in Pudsey.

OK Comics, put a few things aside for me, I'm usually in most Saturdays to pick up 2000AD and few other things. They've won a few awards for service etc.. Very friendly and knowledgable. They get to know what you like and suggest stuff for you, a very good sales tactic! :D

Leeds is pretty lucky that it's got 3 decent comic shops, all with slightly different specialities.

Bat King

I might pop by OK Comics n pick one up....
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex