Main Menu

Like...

Started by plastikman, 16 May, 2002, 02:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plastikman

Re. Bec & Kawl ... didn't D.R. say "like" alot - hmm it annoyed me then. I just don't think it works when you, like, read it.

(PVS - I'm getting a taste of this 'being a critic' lark!)

IMHO B&K has all the makings of a classic stinker!

plastikman

paulvonscott

First me, now Simon Spurrier, he's possessed!  Once a man has a taste for criticism, it takes a strong will to stop.

I'll be honest I can't read this issue's B&K, I just can't physically read a story about super powered spots.  I tired squinting as I read it and holding the pages half open at an angle, but no.  Sorry.  Yuk.

Something Fishy

I can understand that, squinting is a tiring business.  You'll get wrinkles!!

Mudcrab

Hmm, I bet the only one's finding it funny are bloody students!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wood

I'm not a student.

And I'll have you know that humour about bodily functions is the only form of humour that has survived throughout history - they had willy jokes in Ancient Egypt, you know.

Go on, ask me to prove it. I can see your eyes glazing over already...

Mudcrab

Wo, where did you come from? Did I say you were a student? Then why are you replying as if I have? Have a look at the prog cover. What does it say? "BLOODY STUDENTS" Which was a joke, as you might have heard of from your obviously extensive knowledge of the subject. Sorry, I forgot about all the famous egyptian jokes about zits that you see just everywhere in the ruins of the empire.

Quit trying to get a rise out of people. And if you have to, get your facts straight.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Oddboy

Wood, Grobbendoug, calm down the pair of you!

You've been spending too much time reading Scojo posts and you've got all aggresive.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mudcrab

He he, I managed to avoid swearing though at least. :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wood

Wooo... Doug! Chill!

It wasn't like I was serious or anything (well I was about the Ancient Egyptian willy jokes, but it's not like I was trying to annoy anyone).

Wood

And the 'I'm not a student' crack was simply in reply to 'I bet the only ones finding it funny are students'. Because I found it funny.

Why so touchy, man?

Mudcrab

Nae wurries Wood, I just took it the wrong way.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

It's all the radiation in the granite, it drives ye mintal!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wood

Tiplodocus

I thought the use of quotes from films where the characters had nothing better to say was fairly lame.  

I don't find references in themself that funny; they just get a half smile of smug recognition. I'd much rather see proper gags.

And they were all references from the usual "Ain't It Cool" blockbuster nonsense.  .

I bet if everybody put their minds to it, they'd get a list of ten references that will be used in the next few episodes.

"I'd buy that for a dollar"

"I've got a bad feeling about this"

Some Matrix style bullet time etc.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Wood

But that's the beauty of it: it's not the film references that are funny, it's the jerk who's using them. We're supposed to laugh at his dialogue in the same way we've all been laughing at Scojo's.

I got the impression that Spurrier thinks Kawl's a twat, too, and is playing that up...