Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Blimey! That long ago? Not feeling old at all now, lol. Thanks for the info, Sheridan.  :)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sheridan on 08 June, 2022, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: paddykafka on 21 April, 2022, 04:27:20 PM
I seem to recall a Judge Dredd story, in which one of the Cits made a living, from charging company's for bills that she sent them (or something along those lines)?

...the megacitizen in question invoiced large companies but didn't specify what the invoice was for.  Technically not illegal, though Dredd was not impressed.

Paid With Thanks:

As she explains to Dredd, she charges for the invoice itself, because charging them for nothing would be illegal.
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

p.s. yesterday's post brought me to this thread and while I was scrolling down I came across the Paid With Thanks mention, but neglected to say anything about the post that highlighted the thread.

I know the NHS is under strain, but that's still shameful behaviour - try contacting PALS?  Contact details will no doubt be on numerous posters throughout the hospital.

paddykafka

Yet more spin, bluster and bullshit from one of the arsehole's currently in charge at the political helm, here in the Emerald Isle. We've had a housing crisis here for fucking years now; those wankers who have been running the political show in this shithole of a country, have had more than enough time to have adopted meaningful measures that might have actually made some difference. And - despite innumerable warnings from the various opposition parties - the penny only belatedly seems to be dropping with them now. It's enough to make ya wanna puke!

https://www.thejournal.ie/housing-crisis-spilling-into-widespread-social-crisis-5941308-Dec2022/

Proudhuff

Went to buy comics from a comic shop.... grrrrrrrrr! a queue of about ten people all buying bit of stuff toys or plastic.
DDT did a job on me

JohnW

Serves you right for going shopping in late December. Everyone knows that you stock up on canned goods and shotgun ammunition in November and then stay home muttering until January.
Misanthrope rulebook, page 1.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Screechy couples.

My house is right on the street, close to two pubs. This can be a bit of a trial at weekends and bank holidays at around, say, closing time. If homebound merrymakers are particularly raucous, all I can do is lie there in the small hours and indulge in fantasies of massive ammunition expenditure.

It's often the couples that are the worst. After however many hours of drinking together, two unlikeable people realise how little they like each other, and they work out their feelings on the way home. (You were looking at her! I SAW ya!)

What intrigues me is the couples who are already fighting when they're on their way out for the night.
I swear – they'll be screeching about how much they hate each other when they're on the way to the pub. Could they not – y'know – decide not to spend the rest of the evening together? Could they just break up? Could they perhaps fall down and die?

God's curse upon them all.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Rant against passers-by: supplemental, 17th March

Some drunken dipshit in a glittery green trilby just staggered past my house.
Are there no prisons?

The Legendary Shark

Where the heck do you live, Gotham City?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

At least it's started raining, so the hearty al fresco coke snorters across the road have dispersed.
But the night, alas, is young.

Saint Patrick has a lot to answer for.

lincnash

Quote from: JWare on 17 March, 2023, 09:18:06 PM... across the road ...

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

JohnW

But I've just repainted the front of the house!
Oh well.
Omelettes, eggs and all that, I suppose.

JayzusB.Christ

On a related note, people who beep their horns loudly at night as they leave friends' houses can feck right off too. You've said goodbye already, you scuttering gimps, you don't have to wake up the whole street by making your car say goodbye too.

Oh yeah, and people who play loud music on the train really, really grind my gears.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Scuttering gimps I have known:
New Year's Day just gone, at say three in the ay em, a designated driver parked across from my house and announced himself by leaning hard on the horn for a few seconds. When that didn't summon his worthless mates he tried again. And again.

You all know me by now. I'm just a teddy bear with a big old marshmallow for a heart. All I'm asking is where are the brutal government death squads that my taxes should be paying for.

JayzusB.Christ

My solution would be to invent a PJ Maybe bug to inject vodka into him while he sleeps, till he eventually inadvertently drives to work pissed and loses his licence.

Or replace the vodka with ebola for a similar outcome.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"