Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Quote from: ZenArcade on 06 April, 2015, 10:15:54 PM
You'd only get the stupid ones; the smart ones would get richer out of tip offs to invest in rope factory shares.

All murders will be by fire, and none will be spared.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ZenArcade on 06 April, 2015, 06:36:59 PMWhen you are a scumbag who makes no bones about nor offers any justification for pauperising entire societies, there will be very, very few people to stand by you. Z

And yet here we are, in the same situation as always - and the party that played a huge part in plunging Ireland into a deep abyss of debt are gaining popularity again.  I believe in voting, but it's a case of choosing the least worst cunts. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Y'know, I don't even think these guys have right started with us yet. Collapsing the banks might well have been mearly a field test. They have surely figured by now that infinite growth within a finite resource system is for the birds and the best thing to do is to asset strip the rest of us back to the caves. Bear mightn't  a million miles off the mark on this one. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

Okay, so some folks want to start a shooting rebellion. Fine. Go for it. Are you going to organise this yourself or are you waiting for a "hero" to tell you what to do? Also, are you willing to get gunned down alone or do you expect others to join you?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

Easy there Sharky, I don't even think Bear's polishing up the squirrley gun yet. However there was a real political opportunity over the past 7 years to implement fair measures on the money men and hey what do you know, the opposite has happened. We are shackled with debts not our own and slash and burn speculation is the new sine qua non according to the prostituted political mouthpieces for the new world order. Sooner or later this will blow and it won't be pretty

Professor Bear

Some comrades will be honored to water the fields of freedom with their own blood, some will be there for the free TVs, others still will have simply taken the family into town for a day out in the sun that went horribly awry, but many others will most likely be sitting with their thumbs up their holes talking about how awful things are and hoping for the magic love rainbow to come along and make everything better.

Politicians are already starting to get mobbed by the plebs they're stepping on.  It's only a matter of time before it gets ugly.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: ZenArcade on 07 April, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
Easy there Sharky, I don't even think Bear's polishing up the squirrley gun yet. However there was a real political opportunity over the past 7 years to implement fair measures on the money men and hey what do you know, the opposite has happened. We are shackled with debts not our own and slash and burn speculation is the new sine qua non according to the prostituted political mouthpieces for the new world order. Sooner or later this will blow and it won't be pretty
I just get more and more sad every time I see the Labour Party - they seem really insistent on being as awful as possible. Whether there's a tipping point or not soon, decent people need to vote for better candidates. If Labour start losing to the Greens, then I think (just like Tories jumping ship to UKIP) the good Labour politicians will move to a more left-wing party. If we don't get someone in charge who thinks our well-being is more important than the profits of multinationals, then we're screwed.

ZenArcade

Professor Bear

There was some parliamentary session where Dave was shouting at Ed, and he was saying something along the lines of "yeah, well, you can't talk to me about me getting money from rich people who dodge tax, because you get money from trade unions and you represent their interests as best you can" and he said it like it was an insult rather than Ed's job description, but the odd thing was, Ed seemed to take it as an insult, a really bad one, and I honestly haven't a clue what those useless cunts are actually doing in that fucking place.  They just shout at each other like the Newman and Baddiel "that's you that is" routine, then occasionally they have a show of hands and raise VAT.

Look me in the eye and tell me you don't understand why I want blood.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I'm very interested in Syriza at the moment, because they made quite a few big promises which didn't seem particularly credible but which, if they can deliver on them, would obviously open up the hard left as genuine potential parties of government all over Europe.

So far I'm not amazingly convinced ("Germany owes us twelfty billion squillion Euros because.... Hitler!") but the jury is very much still out.

Professor Bear

Germany owes Greece 300 billion because Germany took out a loan they never repaid - that's an oddly familiar-sounding scenario, isn't it?  Germany says they already paid 113 million marks (42 million pounds) so they insist this makes them quits, hence the disbelief that they're being held fully to account for the money they owe - again, a rather familiar scenario.

You try doing what Germany is doing with a bank loan and see how long you hang onto your house.

The Legendary Shark

Why do we need politicians anyway?
I wasn't having a go at Bear, by the way, it just annoys me when people (any people) suggest hangings, decapitations or other violence as a solution to our problems. That's the kind of solution Alex Jones likes to rave and rant about. There are plenty of things we can do before it gets to that stage.
It's the money men we want rid of so it's them we should target. Prolonged rolling strikes and boycotts would be a good start, for example: Monday, boycott MacDonalds; Tuesday, MacDonald's staff/suppliers' strike; Wednesday, boycott BP; Thursday, everyone sends a letter to the DVLC asking for information; Friday, strike of BP staff/suppliers - have the weekend off then start on something new on Monday. Don't even bother targeting the politicians because that's what they're there for.
Every time you get a utility/council/government bill - be awkward. Don't just pay up straight away; ask for confirmation of the amount, ask for proof of debt, return the bill unopened and without explanation so they have to send it back to you - all shit like that to cost them time, resources and money.
The Revolution of a Thousand Cuts...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Bear "Bear" McBear (bear) on 07 April, 2015, 06:42:43 PM
Germany owes Greece 300 billion because Germany took out a loan they never repaid - that's an oddly familiar-sounding scenario, isn't it?  Germany says they already paid 113 million marks (42 million pounds) so they insist this makes them quits, hence the disbelief that they're being held fully to account for the money they owe - again, a rather familiar scenario.

You try doing what Germany is doing with a bank loan and see how long you hang onto your house.

Not really, Germany's war debts were settled decades ago. We may as well present them with a bill for the NHS, Trident and, whilst we're at it, Moonbase Brittania.

Professor Bear

Leaving aside that Greece never conclusively settled the war debt hash with Germany and it's been a largely-sidelined bone of political contention for decades, Greece is asking Germany to settle debts ran up by previous governments but which the current government considers unreasonable.

I suspect there might be a purpose in their doing this particular thing at this particular time.

COMMANDO FORCES

Perhaps the people of Greece should've paid their taxes, instead of everyone seemingly living in the black economy but still expecting services to be paid for by who knows who!