Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JWare on 09 May, 2023, 07:43:02 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 09 May, 2023, 07:32:02 PMMaybe it was a silver cigar?
Well you know what they say:
If it looks like a huge silver cigar, and quacks like a huge silver cigar, and drifts through the air like a huge silver cigar...

To be fair, it may not have been huge. It could have been a normal-sized drifting silver cigar that was just very near to us.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 09 May, 2023, 10:14:05 PM
Quote from: JWare on 09 May, 2023, 07:43:02 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 09 May, 2023, 07:32:02 PMMaybe it was a silver cigar?
Well you know what they say:
If it looks like a huge silver cigar, and quacks like a huge silver cigar, and drifts through the air like a huge silver cigar...

To be fair, it may not have been huge. It could have been a normal-sized drifting silver cigar that was just very near to us.

You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 09 May, 2023, 10:11:13 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 May, 2023, 09:13:32 PMWhile I am firmly on the fence when it comes to ...

You think I'm funny? Funny how? Funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 May, 2023, 09:13:32 PMHow would you react to actual proof of a wider extraterrestrial community? Do you think such a community would most likely be benevolent, hostile, or even disinterested? Genuinely interested in your thoughts.
They're coming for our human women!
How many times do you need to be told?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

paddykafka

If the history of our own planet is anything to go by, when a technologically superior civilization meets a more primitive one, things generally do not go well for the latter group. We can only hope that, if a technologically superior alien civilization does arrive here, that they will be a lot more benign in their outlook and attitude than humanity has shown itself to be.

Hawkmumbler

"So Fttagn, how shall we endear ourselves to this 'human' race? Cure their most crippling ailments? Limitless food replication? A fully automated socio-economic infrastructure allowing them to realize their true creative potential without the shackle of monetary commitments?"

"Nah. Lets just kill that there herd of bovines, just to fuck with them, ey."

Link Prime

The UFO / UAP topic is one I would have previously dismissed outright, but I have read some compelling reports in recent years.

Chief among them; The as yet unexplained "Nimitz incident".
Info about the incident is all over the net, but there's a pretty good summary in this article; https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21000/highly-detailed-report-on-harrowing-encounter-between-f-a-18s-and-ufo-off-baja-surfaces

I am not a 100% believer in anything more than advanced US or adversarial tech, but I believe the authenticity of that report and the eye-witness testimony of the multiple USAF pilots / technicians.

I have found some recent interviews with Dr. Garry Nolan very compelling also.
Very difficult to dismiss the man as a yer typical froot loop.

The topic in general seems to be gaining a lot more traction in recent years, and maybe heading towards some form of official acknowledgement with the recent congressional hearings.

JohnW

OK – it's the best part of a week since he was crowned and anointed, so how do you think Charles III matches up to Rocky III?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

He sure isn't the baddest man in the world.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Legendary Shark

Maybe not, but he's sure in the Top 100.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

As a young teenager I thought teenage parties were all going to be like the one in Teen Wolf and I was very nervous about attending them. They weren't like that at all and it was both a relief and a disappointment.

Hawkmumbler

It's been 10 years and I'm still bitter The Wolf of Wall Street didn't have any lycanthropic shenanigans going on.

Barrington Boots

That's off my watch list then.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 May, 2023, 03:39:44 PMAs a young teenager I thought teenage parties were all going to be like the one in Teen Wolf and I was very nervous about attending them. They weren't like that at all and it was both a relief and a disappointment.

It's like going to America assuming that adults continue on in high school into their 30s, spend their entire time racing cars along enormous concrete flood-channels, or going to drive-in burger joints. Grease! You're to blame!

(Apparently Animal House caused a lot of life-imitating-art shenanigans.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 15 May, 2023, 03:48:07 PMIt's been 10 years and I'm still bitter The Wolf of Wall Street didn't have any lycanthropic shenanigans going on.

Everyone turned into werewolves during that bit when you legged it into the foyer area to find the pisser.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"