Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

Godspeed to the rocketship Paddykafka.

(And all who sail in her.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

"...this isn't a scam – it's funded by taxpayers' money."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

According to the Irish Meteorological Office, an estimated eight squillion metric tonnes of rain have fallen on Cork in the past forty-eight hours – much of it down the back of my neck.
Sick of having my Max Normal clothes drenched, I dressed in something approximating a chem suit when I went out today.
It worked OK until I hit the floods on the quays.
My house smells of wet dog and I don't even own a dog.

Things that have washed up on my doorstep this afternoon:
assorted crisp packets and other plastic wrappings;
various Lucozade bottles and beer cans;
one dead mule;
the wreck of the schooner Hesperus.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

Been windy, here. Not ideal weather for clearing away hawthorns and brambles swaying about like sentient biowire. Makes me appreciate why Fr1day has no sense of humour.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 October, 2023, 03:26:26 PMBeen windy, here. Not ideal weather for clearing away hawthorns and brambles swaying about like sentient biowire. Makes me appreciate why Fr1day has no sense of humour.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

Mini-Solo has to use Khan Academy for their Middle School Math. But Khan Academy does stupid things - like if you get one question out of seven incorrect it makes you redo all seven. And if you take a "mastery challenge" but fail, it drops you down to below the level you'd already achieved. It's a c*nt, basically.

This has led to anguished, angry cries of "KHANNNNNN!!!!!" reverberating around our hoose.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Fussy philosophers are philoso-fickle.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richard

Richard

Le Fink

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 October, 2023, 05:52:45 AMBloody clocks.
British Surly Time.
Greenwich Mean Time.
What's next?

The Legendary Shark

Next? Probably me banging on about my bugbear of the moment.

Yammer Time.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW