Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

I think you can get it slightly cheaper at Aldi's though ...

JohnW

Gunpowder treason!
Is there a Catholic hiding in your cellar?

A happy fifth of November to all my English brethren.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, happy V for Vendetta day, all. Do people still celebrate or has it been entirely overtaken by Halloween?  Our bonfires and fireworks* were on Halloween night, but maybe you English types are still stretching it over a week.

*The most legal illegal thing in Ireland, seconded only by smoking weed. I remember watching an illegal fireworks display, using illegally bought fireworks, in a copper's garden.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 November, 2023, 08:51:24 AMI remember watching an illegal fireworks display, using illegally bought fireworks, in a copper's garden.
I'm reminded of a neighbour recommending to my mother that poitín (that's homemade whiskey to those who don't know) was the perfect thing for making Christmas cake. An unlabelled bottle of clear colourless spirit was duly provided by way of the neighbour's husband, who happened to be a district court judge. He'd acquired it from a friendly police sergeant.
[Cue diddly-idle-doodle music]
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

I bought some hazelnut flavoured poitín from Lidl. obviously not really poitín, by virtue of the fact that it was on sale in a supermarket. Anyway, absolute pish
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

I don't know anywhere better to post this, as it seems a thread has been genuinely jacked.

Until this morning, wasn't there a recently-created thread dealing with 2000ad droids working on movies?
Did it actually exist outside my imagination? If so, why was it removed so suddenly and why is no one mentioning it?
Am I now committing some dreadful faux pas by drawing attention to this un-thread? And as such, will I and all my posting history quietly disappear, never to be spoken of again?

Funt Solo

Quote from: JohnW on 06 November, 2023, 10:07:48 PMI don't know anywhere better to post this, as it seems a thread has been genuinely jacked.

Until this morning, wasn't there a recently-created thread dealing with 2000ad droids working on movies?
Did it actually exist outside my imagination? If so, why was it removed so suddenly and why is no one mentioning it?
Am I now committing some dreadful faux pas by drawing attention to this un-thread? And as such, will I and all my posting history quietly disappear, never to be spoken of again?

There was - but it looks like it's been deleted (as opposed to locked, even). Side-chance that it's a technical glitch, but forums losing threads seems less likely than an admin removing one. Perhaps some legal issue? (Tempting to repost this on the stealth-conspiracy theory thread so we can make up whackadoodle-doo stories about how it's all part of a global plot.)

We could try to figure out what the problem was by reposting everything we can remember and then seeing if *this* thread gets deleted. (I'm joking!)

Mind you - if things are being deleted it would be nice if someone told us approximately what the problem is so that we don't accidentally repeat it. Years ago, it was "just be nice about everything in the comic or the forum's getting deleted" - now it looks li
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

My money's on a legal issue, some insanely complex NDA or whatever. Or the Mandela Effect. Or a glitch in the Mmatrixx. Or lizard people. Or JohnW, covering his tracks as part of some fiendishly cunning master plan. Or maybe it's still there but none of us can see it due to mass psychosis. Maybe the whole thread fled to Mumsnet begging for asylum. Perhaps it was sucked through time into Charles Fort's hairdresser's cousin's notebook. Perhaps the thread tax wasn't paid. 

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

I don't understand it. The thread was loud and clear until somewhere south of Bermuda. Then someone said something about Grange Hill and – silence.

Funt, Shark,
I'm glad to see you boys on the case. Working together, there's no problem you two can't solve.

Le Fink

QuoteThere was - but it looks like it's been deleted (as opposed to locked, even). Side-chance that it's a technical glitch, but forums losing threads seems less likely than an admin removing one. 
Should be easy to discount the admin - isn't it only IP???
QuoteYears ago, it was "just be nice about everything in the comic or the forum's getting deleted" - now it looks li
Oops. You got too close to the truth!

JayzusB.Christ

Most likely it was what I said about Frank Miller's RoboCop sequel scripts. I'm expecting a knock on the door from some large men, and when I ask who they are, they'll say 'Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED* or something? We're goddamn Frank Miller's legal team'.  Then they'll lock my up and make me eat rats.

*Sorry, I'm only quoting the Goddamn Batman

Funt Solo

Goddamn.

Quote from: Le Fink on 07 November, 2023, 09:02:25 AMShould be easy to discount the admin - isn't it only IP???
Sort of. Molch-R gets brought in on the occasional Sunday to shut down flaming nerd wars. There's a guy that upgraded the site software a while ago and posted three times before getting given a real job to do. So, y'know, emergency, floating admin types.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

22 posts to go before the big 10,000.  There were more, before my previous board incarnation, Jayzus B. Christ with spaces and capital letters, forgot how to log in and needed a new account, but that 26-year-old man no longer exists.  Anyway, can someone please remind me when I'm getting close?

I suppose that's 21 now, really, isn't it.

JohnW

I, along with the rest of the board, will be keeping a close eye.
Will there be a retrospective exhibition? A re-release of your more memorable contributions?
'JayzusB Gold: Ten Thousand Posts - Ten Thousand Memories.'