Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 11 February, 2024, 09:47:37 PMI refer you to my previous answer?

See, I've accidentally started a new cycle of The 5-step Shark Problem by posting a stupid video which you're now defending as if your life depended on it.

To answer your general question: no, I see no value whatsoever in watching bullshit videos from the Internet - whatever snake oil they're selling. No discoveries of alien life (unless it's presented as fiction), no secrets of Area 51 (although the Internet Historian has a great video about that), no climate denial or Covid denial, no flat earth, no Dem-pizza parties, no Truth of the Twin Towers poop, no Bill Gates be nanoprobing your dawg and none of the stuff about the Sky God Death Cult - none of it.

Just to be super-clear, my advice stands: you could break the cycle by avoiding (5).

So... why did you post what you consider to be (and mostly is) a bullshit video? Do you think that I trawl the interwebs looking for bullshit videos and articles at random? Your core argument is circular, you get that, right? "I know that's bullshit because you only post bullshit." 

I'm also not defending the video, all I did was watch it and give my opinion. And now, because you think everything I post is bullshit, that opinion is also bullshit. Circular reasoning. You know that you could break this cycle by going to Step #3? It does, after all, take two to tango. If you don't want to dance, why take to the dance floor? Seriously, why? All you do is upset yourself.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Apologies, the above should read, "You know that you could break this cycle by going to Option #3?" Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 February, 2024, 06:41:11 AMYour core argument is circular, you get that, right? "I know that's bullshit because you only post bullshit."

Well...all I can say is that so far it's true.

Imagine a crow divebombs your head every time you pass it's favorite tree. So, would you be crazy to start wearing a helmet? Or, y'know, the boy that cries wolf. According to your current argument, I should start believing that boy.

Actually, people on the board are far more patient than you give them credit for. Every time you post a video (despite all the previous instances of you posting conspiracy theory/vested interest content) someone usually does take the time to quickly check and notice that, indeed, you've done it again.

Your central argument seems to be a demand that we be brainwashed by nonsense.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

It seems to me that you are deliberately misunderstanding my posts, which is, of course, your right.

For example, I said at the beginning of my "Three Options" post above, "Funt, for the purposes of this exercise, I am going to pretend that you posted that link in all good faith because you found it interesting." Then I gave three options for responding to that video, which you also deliberately misunderstood by claiming that I was "defending (it) as if your life depended on it," which is clearly untrue. I believe, rightly or wrongly, that in reality you posted that video simply because it's mostly bollocks and not because you believed its conclusions. Maybe you knew about the possible extrasolar meteorite mentioned therein and maybe you didn't. In either case, that single nugget is definitely worthy of discussion (imo), but you ignore even this to make your point that if you believe something is shit on the surface, then it must be shit all the way through. The video you posted to support this argument patently failed because it contained that single diamond as well as loads of shit, and it only took a brief paddle (rather than a "deep dive" (no pun intended)) to demonstrate this.

I suspected that the video you posted might be rubbish before I even watched it, and the "Angry Astronaut's" style of presentation did nothing to disabuse me of this notion. However, acting as if you posted it in good faith (even though I suspected it was a joke) I gave my honest opinion, which you deliberately misunderstood as me endorsing the whole thing. I posted the video of Dr. Curry's testimony in good faith because I found what she had to say interesting and, yes of course, aligned with my worldview (and why would I post something that doesn't align with what I think and that I haven't at least conducted a brief paddle into?). I think it might be me you don't like, not what I think, but that's your right too, of course (which you will probably deliberately misunderstand as me "giving you permission to disagree," or somesuch twaddle).

I don't expect or require anyone to believe or listen to me, I don't expect or require anyone to even be interested. But I think that you are interested, otherwise why would we be having this discussion?

Anyway, I think people have had enough of this conversation for now and so I'll leave the last word in this particular discourse to you.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 February, 2024, 08:18:43 PMwhy would we be having this discussion?

It's a good question, and there are two answers:

1. You complained (with your list, that I quoted up-thread a little bit) that you're frustrated that people dismiss your conspiracy theory/vested interest videos without deep-diving them. So, I was trying to help by explaining a way out of the repetitive loop. Just in case you missed it - the solution is to stop posting videos that are so easily debunked.

2. In the world, there are real problems. Vested interest groups, destabilizers and gullible folk muddy the waters of potential solutions by making up stories. Oil companies make up stories about climate change not being that big of a deal, and nothing to do with us humans anyway. Destabilizers sow discord, the better to promote their own brands - like Trump's fascism or Putin's dreams of Empire. Gullible folk lap it all up and redistribute it. All of this makes it more difficult for humanity to find real solutions to the real problems. Humanity, right now, is busy destroying the very environment that we require to survive. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. You're part of the problem. I can't help but try to stop you when you poop on my doorstep. Same solution as before: stop pooping.

Those really define the extent of my interest - I'm trying to do you a favor to do me a favor. I'm a hopeful sort.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 February, 2024, 08:18:43 PMso I'll leave the last word in this particular discourse to you

Gerbil.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

I'd buy that for a dollar!
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

I used to love ZX Spectrum music,  despite it basically being a lot of sped-up beeps strung together. This was one of my favourites- it should have been the soundtrack for a game about someone in shades and leather fighting their way through a tech-noir dystopia, but instead they used it for fecking Ping Pong.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

Will nobody think of the octopuses!!
DDT did a job on me

Definitely Not Mister Pops

A belated happy Pi day one and all. Here's a video where a buncha deranged nerds try to calculify it...

You may quote me on that.

JohnW

THE FOUR DARK RAMONES
... because sometimes a man has too much time on his hands.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Proudhuff

Well Debbie Harry was Anderson...
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 March, 2024, 02:53:31 PMWell Debbie Harry was Anderson...

... who now looks younger than Debbie Harry did when she inspired Bolland to create the character's look.  They're only pictures in a comic, I know, but it gets on my wick something rotten.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 22 March, 2024, 03:54:13 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 March, 2024, 02:53:31 PMWell Debbie Harry was Anderson...

... who now looks younger than Debbie Harry did when she inspired Bolland to create the character's look.  They're only pictures in a comic, I know, but it gets on my wick something rotten.
Totally agree, and what you said on Robin's thread.
I keep throwing outthere the idea that Anderson goes through the menopause and levels half of MC1, no takers so far...
DDT did a job on me