Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

In order to disguise the fact that we have been drinking the same giant batch of not-terribly-good homemade White for what seems like an eternity, my wife has taken to decanting it into a range of commercial empties, so that she can say things like: "Which do you want tonight, the 2011 Penfold Reserve, or the Graffigna Pinot Grigio?". It feels a bit like a scene of not inconsiderable pathos from a post-apocalyptic novel where the survivors eat mud while pretending its chocolate mousse, but brother, it almost works.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 June, 2013, 07:22:39 PM
In order to disguise the fact that we have been drinking the same giant batch of not-terribly-good homemade White for what seems like an eternity, my wife has taken to decanting it into a range of commercial empties

I've done the same with value brand washing-up liquid. I didn't drink it, obviously.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 15 June, 2013, 08:31:53 PMI didn't drink it, obviously.

You're from Scotland. There's no 'obviously' about it.

Satanist

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 June, 2013, 09:46:00 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 15 June, 2013, 08:31:53 PMI didn't drink it, obviously.

You're from Scotland. There's no 'obviously' about it.

I drank a bottle of BRUT for a bet once, it tasted better than it smelled.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 June, 2013, 07:22:39 PM
In order to disguise the fact that we have been drinking the same giant batch of not-terribly-good homemade White for what seems like an eternity, my wife has taken to decanting it into a range of commercial empties, so that she can say things like: "Which do you want tonight, the 2011 Penfold Reserve, or the Graffigna Pinot Grigio?". It feels a bit like a scene of not inconsiderable pathos from a post-apocalyptic novel where the survivors eat mud while pretending its chocolate mousse, but brother, it almost works.

I imagine you as Richard Briers making a cameo in Survivors (1975).

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 June, 2013, 12:12:07 AM

Imagine my wife as Felicity Kendall cameoing in Zardoz (1974) and I'm right there with you. 

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 June, 2013, 12:26:07 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 June, 2013, 12:12:07 AM

Imagine my wife as Felicity Kendall cameoing in Zardoz (1974) and I'm right there with you.

You're not too far from Wicklow and neither is Boorman. I'll arrange a kickstarter.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 June, 2013, 01:31:02 AM
You're not too far from Wicklow and neither is Boorman. I'll arrange a kickstarter.

Arsom.  I'll see if we can borrow CF's pants.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 June, 2013, 01:46:29 AM
Arsom.  I'll see if we can borrow CF's pants.

In the spirit of the thread, time for a reboot:

https://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=37241.0

COMMANDO FORCES

My red shorts picture has been removed. Who on earth complained to photobucket, I looked awesome in them  :'(

JOE SOAP

Google images still loves you:

COMMANDO FORCES

Goaty

Scare off all the sheep, John?

Spikes

Quote from: Goaty on 16 June, 2013, 07:56:35 AM

Scare off all the sheep, John?

I think were witnessing the 'after' photo. CF certainly looks contented, anyway  ;)

Goaty

Happy Father's Day from the Governor!