Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Happy 75th birthday to The Beano

Doesn't the editor look like Frank Skinner?

Spikes

Why isnt there a 'Its too bloody hot!' thread on here?*
A lot cooler today, thank Grud. We even had a slight touch of rain/drizzle earlier. Normal service looks set to resume,  :thumbsup:

*or maybe there is, but im too heat tired to look...

Frank

Because it's not too bloody hot - it is too bloody hot to do physical work during the day, though. If we weren't hidebound to the concept of 9-5, five days a week, 48 weeks of the year for everyone - irrespective of whether they're doing an office job or shovelling shit for a living - then we'd all be fine. I've had to peel my sweat-drenched work shirt off when I get home most nights for the last fortnight.

Spikes

Quote from: link=topic=36237.msg774319#msg774319 date=1374315341
Because it's not too bloody hot

Oh, yes it is! Or rather, was.... ;)

Frank

The vocal characterisation of the xenomorph in Alien (1979) was provided by seventies teatime telly bird impersonator Percy Edwards.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Pfft. Already seen that on redditor.
You may quote me on that.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: sauchie on 20 July, 2013, 11:15:41 AM

Because it's not too bloody hot - it is too bloody hot to do physical work during the day, though. If we weren't hidebound to the concept of 9-5, five days a week, 48 weeks of the year for everyone - irrespective of whether they're doing an office job or shovelling shit for a living - then we'd all be fine. I've had to peel my sweat-drenched work shirt off when I get home most nights for the last fortnight.

People have been asked not to demonstrate that you can fry an egg on the road though Death Valley (USA) because it causes damage to the environment...

COMMANDO FORCES

CrazyFoxMachine

If you don't care about the inbound royal sprog here's an original thought - don't go on about it. Don't go on about how little you care about it, because you could show that by just not mentioning it. My Facebook feed is full of people saying variations of "WHO CARES" and it's like "CLEARLY YOU DO OTHERWISE YOU'D BE TALKING ABOUT MUTTON OR THE HYPOTHALAMUS"

and I was about to post this on there when I realised that by saying that I'm ALSO talking about it and the cycle goes on and on on and on and on and on and MY BRAIN

Richmond Clements

Well no. My main complaint is that it is unavoidable. It is going to be all over the news at the expense of things like the reporting of the Tories attempts to control internet access in the UK, which is slightly more important than a rich woman having a baby.

CrazyFoxMachine

Well arguably that hasn't slipped anyone by - David Cameron is one of the top trends on twitter because of it. Until I clicked on it and saw this story about internet control I thought it was because he'd said "everyone in the UK is excited about this royal baby". EVERYONE IS.

EVEN PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT BECAUSE THEY'RE IN A COMA.

But yes, the thing worth shouting about is not another royal but the government cutting off people's internet without warning or restricting it for their own means.

Dandontdare

they had a sweep today at work to guess the sex and weight of the baby - I initially refused but after much peer pressure to say that I HAVE to join in, I insisted on putting down "3 tonne hermaphrodite".

Fingers crossed!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Channel 4 are expected announce a new show:

One born Very Minted
You may quote me on that.

Zarjazzer

Bah.it's too hot and i have failed to see any pusscats today.misery is me.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.