Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Jack on 13 October, 2013, 11:04:04 AM
The Wicker Man Blu-Ray is out tomorrow!  :thumbsup:
Id be careful, a several friends of mine already have it and apparently the transfer is sht he pieces. Some kind of encryption error, there might have to be a recall as added to this, the three missing scenes are not included.

Spikes

Have they got the Zavvi steelbook edition? As that seems to have shipped early for some reason.
Apparently this steelbook also has a cock up regarding the actual discs themselves - should have been (was advertised thus) two Blu-Rays - featuring all cuts of the film, but it came with one Blu-Ray, and one DVD, and only has the 'final cut' version on offer.

But thanks for the heads up regarding possible encryption error's.

Hawkmumbler

One mate I know  certainly ordered from Zavvi. I thought it was only supposed to have a BD and a DVD anyway so I took no notice of this. Ah hell, I'm glad I held off it until reviews. I knew this as to good a release to be true.

Spikes

The Zavvi steelbook was listed, as was the actual content for that particular release, ages ago.
Now that its landing, there seems to be a bit of a stink online as to the discrepancy to what was advertised, and what actually turned up.
Was never gonna go for the steelbook version, so didnt take that much notice of its contents, either.

Hopefully the other BR release is as it should be...

Hawkmumbler

Its certainly a title worthy of the Criterion or MoC label. Sadly Studio Canal seem to want to hold onto the rights.

Charlie boy

I have quite a big plant pot in the kitchen (it's one that should be outside, but I don't have a garden) with a few plants in it. I recently put a new plant in the pot because there was enough space and since then I have these tiny little flies (I thought the 1st I spotted was a flea they're that small) appearing all over the place. They're so small even my youngest cat doesn't show an interest in them. Anyway, I noticed a load in the compost and a friend said I could kill them by putting more bagged compost on top of them but it didn't work. I've killed loads with my hands and the hoover. I've tried leaving the window open to try and kill the annoying things with the cold air but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? And no, I don't mean ideas for new and creative ways to kill them, I mean to get rid of them all together if possible.

Skullmo

Plant a Venus Flytrap in the pot too.

You will have to find a really greedy one though.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Dandontdare

They're annoying little buggers aren't they? Get yourself a carnivorous plant and stick it next to the offending pot - I found sundew (droseris) best for these tiny flies (http://www.growsundews.com/), the flies stick to the leaves, which then curl around to digest them. A venus fly trap or pitcher plant would work too.

If you get the growing conditions right (gritty compost, stand the pot in a shallow tray of rainwater - tapwater will kill them stone dead - do not feed) then you'll soon see baby plants appearing which can be pricked out and transplanted.

they're also good for putting next to kitchen bins and compost receptacles.

EDIT - Skullmo beat me to it - but NOT in the same pot!

Skullmo

Dudley

Is Katy Perry correct to assert in her latest single "Roar" that a tiger can roar "Louder, louder than a lion"?

Goaty

Days get coldest and dark.

Skullmo

I'd agree with anything Katy Perry said

Link Prime

Skullmo

Dudley

It's ... disturbing ... that Link Prime "just happens" to have a picture of a clearly distressed and disturbed Katy Perry to hand.