Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 April, 2014, 01:29:22 PM
probably the least weird of the Toronto Three, or at least the one least given to onanism. Let us know if you meet him!

Should be safe to shake his hand, at least.

Trout

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 April, 2014, 01:32:04 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 April, 2014, 12:44:13 PM
Now this is PROPER archaeology!

While I have a lot of time for the ideas of Contemporary Archaeology, the way various 'cool' archaeologists have draped themselves all over this one just pisses me off.  I'm close to conducting a purge of my Twitter feed.

bwahaha. My work here is done!  >:D

Trout

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 April, 2014, 01:29:22 PM
Quote from: Trout on 26 April, 2014, 01:47:35 AM
Anybody know the work of Seth?

Seth  (Greg Gallant?) is the man - although to be truthful, I probably have an impression of him as much influenced by his regular appearances in Joe Matt and Chester Brown's auto-bio books. Aside from some great comics (check out Wimbledon Green), the little cardboard sets he builds for his stories are incredible pieces of art in themselves.  A great sense of craft, design and history, and despite an artfully contrived personna probably the least weird of the Toronto Three, or at least the one least given to onanism.

Let us know if you meet him!

I did. What a guy. I started a thread about him.

Cheers!

8-Ball

It's my birthday today. Thirty-bleedin'-five.  :'(
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

TordelBack

Quote from: Eightball on 27 April, 2014, 02:25:11 PM
It's my birthday today. Thirty-bleedin'-five.  :'(

Mid-30s, that's nearly-new - hell, I bet all the equipment is still under warranty.  Enjoy it while it lasts!

Happy birthday!

Theblazeuk

Happy birthday! Have a zarjaz day.

Hawkmumbler

JayzusB.Christ

Happy birthday, Eightball. Sure mid-thirties is still only a babby.

Dad's Army the movie.  No.  Absolutely not.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 27 April, 2014, 10:25:42 PM
Nein. NEIN!!!!!!!  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27178025

"The Sunday Times reported that the film would be directed by Oliver Parker, who made Johnny English Reborn, St Trinian's and Othello starring Sir Kenneth Branagh.

The script will be written Hamish McColl, who wrote Johnny English Reborn and Mr Bean's Holiday

Stuart Wright, chairman of the Dad's Army Museum in Thetford, Norfolk, where much of the series was shot, said "we hope they do justice to what is a national institution, and that it will not be like some remakes which have not worked."

The Doctor Alt 8

Theblazeuk

I love reading this site. Relaxes me in a way to discover how many idiots there are out there and that it is not our sole burden to deal with them: http://clientsfromhell.net/

Would fit right in on "Stupid things people have said to you" (unfortunately my stupid workstuff is all too baroque and specific and is only stupid because the organisation I work with doesn't understand its own systems/processes)

TordelBack

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 29 April, 2014, 01:49:56 PM
I love reading this site. Relaxes me in a way to discover how many idiots there are out there and that it is not our sole burden to deal with them: http://clientsfromhell.net/

Truly beautiful site that, I've had many hours of fun there.  I just had a telephone conversation about rates for sub-contracting 12 HOURS of work that would fit right in there: 
"You'll need to demonstrate that you have more than 3 years experience for us to justify that rate to the client"
"That should be fine, I have 25 years experience!".
"Yes, but can you demonstrate it?".
"It's all set out on my CV, and in more detail on my profile.  I can send you links to download sample reports and testimonials".
"If you mean in practice, I'm sure I can do anything that's required: I've been doing this a long time and I keep my CPD certification up to date".
"I... Yes.  Yes I can."
"Good".

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 29 April, 2014, 01:49:56 PM

Would fit right in on "Stupid things people have said to you" (unfortunately my stupid workstuff is all too baroque and specific and is only stupid because the organisation I work with doesn't understand its own systems/processes)

Do you work in government?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.