Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

All over, as it happens. Right now I have jobs along the new Luas line, on the South Quays, Lansdowne, Lusk, Enfield, Athy, Lough Derryvarragh and my desk!  What I don't have is sleep, or a decent hourly rate!

The Legendary Shark

It's good to be busy, Prof C. Glad to hear you're still in demand.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

It feels a bit surreal TBH, seeing as the closest I was getting to paying work only 18 months ago was doing odd jobs for the in-laws.  Far too much of it is of the '2 hours a week' variety, and more is subcontracting where I'm basically a cheaper alternative to an employee, but for the last 3 or 4 gigs people I've recently done work for have actually approached me, rather than the usual begging and prostrating on my part. One of my jobs from last year is going to be on the telly next week, and the clients put my contact details up on the programme website! So it's all good, as long as I can keep the plates spinning.

The Legendary Shark

If there's anything I can do to help, proof-reading or whatever, just holler. No charge for a fellow Squaxx, obviously.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 February, 2015, 06:59:12 PM
If there's anything I can do to help, proof-reading or whatever, just holler. No charge for a fellow Squaxx, obviously.

May have to take you up on that one of these days, Sharky!  Proof-reading is one of the biggest hassles of working in my own - no matter how hard I try, as soon as I hit 'send' there's a clanger staring up at me from the screen.

JayzusB.Christ

Fair play,  Tordels, hope things continue to improve. sounds line they will
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Fair play,  Tordels, hope things continue to improve. sounds like they will.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

von Boom

Has Extermination ever been so cute?

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Goaty

von Boom

JayzusB.Christ

I'd like to use this thread to express my man-crush on Professor Brian Cox.  As well as being a dishy dreamboat whose full name could be my autobiography (now you know what the 'B' stands for), his podcast makes science interesting and funny, rubbishes pseudo-science and has Alan Moore on it.  Things can only get better - WITH BRIAN IN THE WORLD.

von Boom

I don't there's a band wide enough for this watch.

Tombo

My girlfriend threatened to leave me today over my obsession with the Monkees.   I thought she was joking...

...And then I saw her face.