Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Just booked the day off so i'm deffinelty down for it! What's the better place to pick up the free thrills? Forbidden Planet or Traveling Man?

Daveycandlish

I've always found that whilst Forbidden Planet might give you a couple of random freebies when you purchase anything you can just raid the freebie table and take anything and everything at Travelling Man
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Hawkmumbler

Running Man it is then! Anyone up for a lunch time pint on the day?

Dandontdare

ah g'wan, you twisted my arm! (unless I'm away that weekend, but I don't think I am)

Spikes

The baby in Eisenstein's Battleship Potemkin would now be 90 years old.

Goaty

TordelBack

The Campo dei Miracoli is a truly fantastic place (and far more than just the Leaning Tower), but that ubiquitous pose being struck by at least a dozen people at any one time does make visiting a bizarre experience. 

Of course I did.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Spikes on 17 March, 2015, 04:41:56 PM
The baby in Eisenstein's Battleship Potemkin would now be 90 years old.

Wonder if he's still alive?  I'd love to see him meet up with the similar ex-babies from both Brazil and The Untouchables.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Spikes

Now you can be the envy of real Dredd fans everywhere....

Taking offers - here

ZenArcade

The staff must have flipped when this arrived on the desk. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

I never noticed before, but that's just Commando Forces sketched by Sam Kieth.

I'm always heartened by the knowledge that a cover from one of the great comics creators wouldn't get an HM in the board art comp.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Spikes on 19 March, 2015, 06:08:56 PM

Taking offers - here

I'll trade you a drawing lesson, a description of Batman's personality, and a lesson on the diversity of Muslim culture.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 March, 2015, 09:19:58 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 19 March, 2015, 06:08:56 PM

Taking offers - here

I'll trade you a drawing lesson, a description of Batman's personality, and a lesson on the diversity of Muslim culture.
JAyzus Christ!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

David Warner is a hugely underrated actor.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

He is. Like a much subtler version of Ian McKellen. Or something.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]