Main Menu

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Started by Cropsy, 16 September, 2012, 11:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cropsy

...hola, all.

Started reading 2000AD back in 1980 when my older brother used to bring progs home. I grew up during the video nasty explosion in a strict Catholic household where even 'Scooby Doo' was frowned upon as being too scary, so it goes without saying that I became obsessed with all things horror/cult/fantasy.

Fave 2000AD memory: a toss-up between 'Fiends of the Eastern Front', being disturbed by the Nemisis 'World of Termight' storyline where he takes revenge on the yokels who hung him (Widow Grundy in that room full of flies... ugh!), and the spooky 'The Fear That Made Milwaukee Famous' in the 1981 Judge Dredd annual.

Day job involves PR, but I'm also into writing fiction and screenplays. Working on a book, and had a short screenplay produced and broadcast on ITV a while ago.

See you on the boards.

Spikes

Now then Cropsy, and welcome! :wave:

And cant fault your faves - all solid classics (especially The Fear That Made Milwaukee Famous).

The Prodigal

Quote from: Cropsy on 16 September, 2012, 11:49:59 AM
...hola, all.

Started reading 2000AD back in 1980 when my older brother used to bring progs home. I grew up during the video nasty explosion in a strict Catholic household where even 'Scooby Doo' was frowned upon as being too scary, so it goes without saying that I became obsessed with all things horror/cult/fantasy.

Fave 2000AD memory: a toss-up between 'Fiends of the Eastern Front', being disturbed by the Nemisis 'World of Termight' storyline where he takes revenge on the yokels who hung him (Widow Grundy in that room full of flies... ugh!), and the spooky 'The Fear That Made Milwaukee Famous' in the 1981 Judge Dredd annual.

Day job involves PR, but I'm also into writing fiction and screenplays. Working on a book, and had a short screenplay produced and broadcast on ITV a while ago.

See you on the boards.

How are you fella? Only been reading since Christmas. This place is great-welcome.

Dandontdare

Welcome to the board, some stone cold classics you mention there, that Nemesis in particular.

Cropsy

Colin YNWA

The Sherman Kid

Welcome Cropsy!Love the references you made there, ahhh happy days.

I'm working on a book too, more for my own pleasure as chances of getting published seem long, but who knows eh?Look forward to reading your posts.

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard Cropsy :wave:

Scooby Doo was okay but that Scrappy Doo drokker pissed me right off :'(