Main Menu

Show us your DREDD Collection

Started by Dreddman57, 09 October, 2012, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

and there are collectors (and I use the word loosely to describe myself) who in the past has just given stuff away.
One item being the only one in existence (as far as I know) to CF.

Little does he know its set to self combust at a pre set date engulfing the Cellar in a fireball 8-)

COMMANDO FORCES

Drokk!

I better put that collection of items into a fire proof box :o

opaque

Mind you of course original artwork is special as there really is only one copy of it ;)

I've got loads of stuff but when I finally move to my own house I am going to organise it properly and have a Garage of Dredd, an Artchest of Art and Bookcases of Books for my collection :)

vzzbux

I just can't understand people who collect items from certain franchises. Waste of money I say.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SmallBlueThing

I should point out that, for anyone who can't spot stupidity, I am joking. Already this week I've been accused of attacking Holland, so I thought I'd best point that out.

My own collection of 2000AD stuff is very finely tuned only to stuff I can read. In short, the comics and books about the comics. Included in that are fanzines and the like- but not necessarily professional  magazines that just happen to contain some related feature. I didn't, for example, buy any of the multiple mags that did Dredd 3D features in the wake of the recent film. I did, however, find a copy of the new FRONT on the train last week, which had a one page feature on the ART OF DREDD book, a review of the movie and an interview with Grant Morrison, as well as loads of tits- so that was a lucky break.

I'm not fussed about models, candles, lead figures, games, tshirts or stuff like that- and certainly not the great swathes of gubbins that CF et al go for. Nor am I one for original art- I'm severely limited in funds, so that kind of thing is out of the question. I'll happily accept sketches from droids if I meet them, and have paid for a commission from one (oddly, not for a 2000AD-related drawing) but actual pages from the comic... the time to get into that has passed. I remember seeing pages from The Cursed Earth and Nemesis by McMahon and O'Neill on sale for £25 each back in the 80s- that would have been the time to start. And I can't help thinking that if I started with original art, it would have to be a goal- to get a complete prog, or something similar. Has anyone here done that?

So- whatever you collect and however much you have at the moment, it's all good. Alongside the 2000AD obsession, I have a parallel fixation for Romero and, wider, for zombies in general- so a lot of that stuff gets bought. And I also buy a lot of comics unrelated to 2000AD as well. On the other hand, I don't drink, smoke or buy music... so it's not as excessive an outlay as you may think.

SBT

Spikes

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 09 October, 2012, 08:11:13 PM
I remember seeing pages from The Cursed Earth and Nemesis by McMahon and O'Neill on sale for £25 each back in the 80s- that would have been the time to start.

Hell yes, but £25 might as well have been £25 million, for me, back then. A couple of my pages still have the original asking price of £25 price pencilled on the back. Would you have seen these up for in sale in Forbidden Planet, SBT?

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 09 October, 2012, 08:11:13 PM
And I can't help thinking that if I started with original art, it would have to be a goal- to get a complete prog, or something similar. Has anyone here done that?

Yeah, ive wondered that, as well.  ;)
Ill bet somebody has ticked this box, at some point. Be an impossible task now though, id imagine.

gronk guy

Ive managed to get 6 pages from the same prog.

hippynumber1

gronk guy

4 Rogue Trooper, 1 Ace Trucking and 1 Dredd.

opaque

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 October, 2012, 08:55:36 PM
Hell yes, but £25 might as well have been £25 million, for me, back then.

I know what you mean. If only I had got into debt over (what is now) cheap 2000ad artwork rather than paying bills in the late 90's!

SmallBlueThing

I'm on my phone, so can't see those pages at the moment, but to be honest i cant remembewhat pages they were- this was ck in about 1986 i reckon. In the comic shop up charing cross road, roundabout where 'murder one' was for a while. But yeah, looking back i have no idea why i didnt buy one or two. Happy to spend that money on old bollocks that all these years later i wouldnt give you thanks for, and pvc trousers/net shirts, yet pages of kev o'neill art- nahh. Madness. Oh well, i wasnt to know... :-/

SBT

Dandontdare

Quote from: gronk guy on 09 October, 2012, 12:32:53 PM
The cellar of Dredd has a couple of nice items.  :D

the real deal is at www.2000adcollectables.com

Wow, I'd forgotten about that site. Has the Roll of Honour been updated lately?

QuoteRoll of Honour               

Derek Hamill                                     -         Rogue Trooper Mug.
Kev Colgate                                       -        Citadel Miniatures liason and Denizen Miniatures.
Guy Robbins                                      -        Anthrax watch.
John & Cadet Sam Burdis                -        Dredd Models & Standees.   
Alberto Martin                                   -        Guns and Noses
Tony Bailey                                        -        Cake Box
Ian Karpinski                                    -         T-shirts & Stills
Pete Wells                                          -        Dredd Helmet Badge
Graham Lind                                    -         Joe Pineapples Garage Kit.

Dreddman57

Quote from: HdE on 09 October, 2012, 11:24:38 AM
Quote from: Dreddman57 on 09 October, 2012, 11:19:50 AM
...and 3 fridge magnets on my Beer fridge...

Wait... you have a separate 'fridge for your beer? As in, your beer ALONE?

You and I, sir, are going to get along like a house on fire!
Yup and its full of Cold Aussie HomeBrew!!....................
Heres my humble pics of my Dredd collection apart from some comics that are put away
and my Beer Fridge

COMMANDO FORCES

You could've sold that Bobblehead for a fortune the other week, probably still could!