Main Menu

Show us your DREDD Collection

Started by Dreddman57, 09 October, 2012, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddman57

Pardon me as a NewBie   this topic may have been covered before
But I've never seen the thread.........So I thought I would start a thread
I know I should start this with pics of my DREDD Shrine "LOL"  but I just thought of it and will get the camera out tomorrow and get a good pic in daylight 
What gave me the idea ......is I just bought a 11" model of DREDD off ebay for $25 aud  yes it was a asian rippoff of the comic style Halaycon?  model I have seen before 
But it will look good with the rest of my Dredd stuff
So far I got a 1979 annual  had since new
a Stallone model  a old Dredd 2000ad badge  the game (Dredd vs death (pc))............
a Marvel figurine of dredd n death..................and the prized BobbleHead of Dredd....
a Anthrax/Dredd sticker and 3 fridge magnets on my Beer fridge.............................+ my new model comming in the post
But I Bet You Guys Have ShitLoads More Than Me!
I'll post my pics tomorrow

HdE

Quote from: Dreddman57 on 09 October, 2012, 11:19:50 AM
...and 3 fridge magnets on my Beer fridge...

Wait... you have a separate 'fridge for your beer? As in, your beer ALONE?

You and I, sir, are going to get along like a house on fire!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Third Estate Ned

You might enjoy this thread, as I did, where board members got all worked up about logo positions and exchanged top tips. Some pretty impressive collections compared to my metre-long shelf of trades and annuals:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,34474.15.html

judge devs

Commando Forces is going to OWN this thread very soon  :D

On a personal note, my Prog/Megazine collection got so big I ended up having to turn it into furniture. I have boxes of comics 'disguised' as plant stands and a giant TV stand/corner unit.

Graphic Novel/Trade paper back collection is at least 150+ plus god knows what else stuff I have.

gronk guy

The cellar of Dredd has a couple of nice items.  :D

the real deal is at www.2000adcollectables.com

Large48

CF, Gronk Guy and Fat Boy Dale all have bits of a reasonable collection......

I'll say no more!

LOL :-X
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Proudhuff

From what I've seen most 2000ad tat collectibles are mixed in with other stuff... see this thread:
http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,20831.0.html unless you're really, really er mental  :-X
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing

Too many squaxx are obsessed with all manner or plastic tat. There is such a thing as a 'perfect' collection- this comprises of every single issue of the weekly, the meg, the specials, the spin-offs and foreign titles THAT FEATURE ORIGINAL SEQUENTIAL ART. For the 'perfect' score, you much also own each and every reprint comic in which the art has been subtley changed by the artist to suit the new format. No points are deducted for owning issues or trades or reprint comics that just feature new cover art- but equally, no points are added. Points ARE deducted for plastic tat and little lead figures. This means that my collection is 99.93% there, and the likes of Commando Forces and chums may as well have entire rooms dedicated to Razzle for all the good it'll do them when the final scores are tallied on our death beds.

SBT

Third Estate Ned

When you say foreign titles with original art, do you mean they should retain the original art of the UK version with foreign text overlaid, or that out there you can find original Judge Dredd material that was drawn and written abroad and intended for that country, in another language? I'm not counting anglophone countries in my estimation of "abroad" here because you wouldn't need to change the text.

COMMANDO FORCES

There is only one collection worth knowing about and that collections owner gets a nod in the DREDD3D film, there is nothing more to say really!

Everyone else might as well burn their meagre piles (I don't really think the word 'collection' covers what they own) of trash. Dedication/madness/illness, choose one, choose all and that is the begining of the road to the

'CELLAR OF DREDD'

It's not just the collecting of comics or beautiful merchandise, oh no! You have to live the life and become one with the character to truly understand what the world of collecting is all about.

Here is the list of notable failures and pretenders to the crown:-

1. Pete Wells - He does love a 2000AD commission and he gets the number one spot by order of being my Greggs supplier from the North!
2. Fat Boy Dale - He loves the world of original art and is a right tight git when it comes to meal times!
3. Cojon1elcruel - A very decent Spanish collector, who has visited the cellar and was given some 'very' rare items to take home!
4. SBT - Lives in cloud cuckoo land, with a few mags with atrocious covers and a wide variety of crap 'C' movie VHS tapes!

I think that's it for the pretenders and I don't think there is anyone else really. Hang on there is a bloke in the North East called 'Rod' who has a collection of unopened boxes, full of bricks and sand but we try not to mention him because he tried to lead people on, saying that he got married in his Judge outfit, when it was only the reception.
As we all know, lies are not big and they most certainly are not clever!

Proudhuff

Now see what you've done Dreddman57! Matron had just got them all settled!!! Its going to take ages and some SloMo to calm them down.
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 09 October, 2012, 04:17:46 PM
When you say foreign titles with original art, do you mean they should retain the original art of the UK version with foreign text overlaid, or that out there you can find original Judge Dredd material that was drawn and written abroad and intended for that country, in another language? I'm not counting anglophone countries in my estimation of "abroad" here because you wouldn't need to change the text.

I'm referring to the likes of DC's Judge Dredd and Legends of the Law, Dark Horse's Dredd Vs Aliens: Incubus and Predator Vs Dredd, and the upcoming IDW Dredd series.

For the perfect score, you need reprints with new, or changed art- like Titan's Cursed Earth volumes, Eagle's Nemesis necro-series and the foreign Slaine: Books of Invasions/ ABC Warriors: The Volgan War. However, buying a bunch of 'Best of 2000AD's and foreign Dredds with new covers doesn't gain you points- but equally doesn't lose you any. If the text is only translated into foreign it remains a nice addition to your collection, but not a point-gatherer.

80% of the 'Cellar of Mental' loses points, leaving Commando Forces with a negative score the like of which is rarely seen in comics-fandom. Well done!

SBT

judge devs

LMFAO, this thread is brilliant!!   :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

Sometimes you have to go above and beyond what those lesser Dredd collectors do and do something like this :o

Leigh S

As the owner of lots of lead figures, computer games and gronk knitting patterns, I actually lean towards SBTs definition...

I started reading 2000AD with prog 195, then collecting them to get all Strontium Dog stories - this proably started around 1985-6ish... Then I thought I may as well fill in the gaps... then the Titan books and Eagle books for their lavish covers...

It was easy to collect the ephemeral tat back then - I played the board games and computer games as they came out, so I didnt collect them so much as acquire them...  Then I got dragged in... and more and more "collectibles for collectibles sake" things started turning up that I really couldnt afford.... it's certainly a madness!

I veered off into finding fanzines with art and interviews with 2000AD creators instead, though its been a few years since I last bought soemthing on ebay, as even with those, prices were getting silly, and there were very few I didnt have...

**scurries off to ebay**