Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

You can save yourself unnecessary expenditure if planning to buy the new single by Coldplay simply by tuning to Radio 1 and listening to it as often as you wish.

Devons Daddy

FACT.
the word scone is prounced incorrectly by almost half the population of the UK. the correct way to prounce the word is.
 scone
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Queen Firey-Bou

sand those that pronounce it wrong are in fact big sassenach jessies, everyone knows its SCONE ! not scone... i ask you.

karne

The Statue of Liberty was originally built to promote Lyons Maid ice cream hence the huge cornet in her left hand.

http://www.pbs.org/ktca/liberty/libertytoday/statue.jpg>

"Stop me and buy one!"

Oddboy

RIGHT hand, don't you mean?
Better set your phaser to stun.

karne

I was looking at her in a mirror so I didn't get turned to stone, but then that's a fact for another day...

karne

Many of you may be familiar with tales of mass hallucination and group hysteria in which people can convince themselves that imaginary events have taken place, but how many of you are aware of a similar condition which prevents people from accepting the truth, preferring instead to invent a scenario that they feel more comfortable with?

One such instance is the now forgotten "Beldoe's (or as it is referred to these days "Liberty")  Island Incident".

In 1884 the Japanese finally made a breakthrough in their development of the atomic bomb or "Mr Big-Boomie Bomb" as they referred to it. Initial tests were carried out just off the coast of America for reasons of safety, but no one could have foreseen that the radiation would reactivate a slumbering 152-foot tall Gorgon intent on destroying New York.

The Gorgon rampaged across NY for the better part of two years before finally catching a glimpse of itself reflected in the Chrysler building whereupon it instantly turned to stone. Once incapacitated the Gorgon was moved to Beldoe's Island where the whole incident was covered up as an ice-cream promotion.

The Japanese banned all further research on the Mr Big-Boomie Bomb after this incident, but this failed to prevent America from getting it's own back in 1945. These days the Gorgon is believed to be of no threat to people, however, there are still some of us who would rather not take any risks.

Devons Daddy

Fact,
when advertising agencies create watch pictures for glossy magazines, they are only able to have the sesson twice daily. 9.50 am and 9.50 pm.
you will note this is true by looking at any advert for expensive watches.this is why such brands as tag heur, rolex,omega cost so much money to buy. its the incurred photographer costs that send the prices up.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

FACT
if you are shark feeding off the carribean or south africa it is a scientific fact that if you grab a shark by its dorsil fin. and turn it upside down it will be go into a coma, this will allow you to swim away quickly.

so next time you see a great white baring down on you.dont panic. stay calm and grab its dorsil fin and quickly invert the animal. you will then have the pleasure of being the hero of the dive party.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

FACT
the specail taste of stilton and other blue cheeses is gained from the fermentation process.

it is a little know trade secret that the cheese makers place there old socks in the mixture to give it that specail flavour. this is why french blue cheeses are the greatest in strengh in their essense.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

FACT
the first recorded heart attack in history was assgined to a mummified male recently discovered in the middle east.
he was diagonzed by the following facts.
his heart showed enlargement caused by acess blood flow and in his lleft hand
was a marker with the words
1000 shackles on goliath.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

FACT: Devon's Daddy just posted 4 facts in a row in order to claim the highly sortafter Post #400.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tiplodocus

FACT: Karne's story about the statue of Liberty is in fact better than 4 out of the 6 Past Imperfect stories published so far.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Fact: It takes about two hours to get this thread on screen.

Fact: the song Suger town by Nancy Sinatra is infact about Bourville and not a drugs reference.
DDT did a job on me

karne

Congratulations DD!

You have indeed won the prize for the 400th post. Just sling me an e-mail with your choice of prize, be it graphic novel, video/DVD or perhaps something else you are having difficulty acquiring in Hondo-City and let me do the rest.