Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leethomson

Hachette have it at 200 pages. It's volume 112!

Max Headroom

Leethomsom is absolutely right!! - sorry for my mistake. Will be picking these volumes up anyway to complete my ABC Warriors collection.

Bad Andy

As we won't be seeing them in the Hachette collection I got Mazeworld and Summer Magic collections from the tooth sale. Really liked Luke Kirby but think it needed to step up a gear if it was to continue in any way. 

sintec

Quote from: leethomson on 28 December, 2021, 08:58:32 AM
Hachette have it at 200 pages. It's volume 112!

Well I think we can safely deduce we're getting 2 vols of ABC Warriros not 3 then. Volume 114 is the first Strontium Dogs volume and (so far) they've kept things together within each extension. I think it's a safe bet that 113 will be Warriors: Return To Ro-Busters and 115 will be Strontium Dogs vol 2.

200 pages seems pretty much spot on for Return To Earth and Return To Mars. Do the trade versions of the Return stories have extra pages like some of the other Langley stuff from this era (Volgan War, Book Of Invasions)?

Will be interesting to see what we get in volume 2. Return to Robusters clearly but how much Ro-busters are they going to include. The spine preview had Charlie on it so I guess Terra-Meks is definite. Rise and Fall is fairly long, if we get that I suspect we won't get Fallout. Given the choice I'd prefer Fallout and Terra-Meks; I think it's more likely we'll get Rise and Fall and Terra-Meks.

Max Headroom

I would prefer the story Fallout to be included as well. Just out of interest, sintec, where were the stories Terra-Meks and Rise and Fall from? I am unfamiliar with them and can't see them anywhere on Barney??

The Monarch

davidbishop

Quote from: Max Headroom on 30 December, 2021, 03:35:55 PM
I would prefer the story Fallout to be included as well. Just out of interest, sintec, where were the stories Terra-Meks and Rise and Fall from? I am unfamiliar with them and can't see them anywhere on Barney??

They're originally from Starlord, iirc.

Tjm86

Terra Meks and Rise and Fall are post-merger stories.

Terra-Meks: progs 98 - 101
Rise and Fall: progs 103-115

Swerty

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 16 October, 2021, 10:43:11 AM
Quote from: Hackenbush on 16 October, 2021, 03:34:39 AM
There are 29 books to fill in the extension..

I think we'll get
1 Ro-busters volume (2000 ad stuff only)
1 ABC warriors volume (the three "return to" stories)
1 BlackHawk
1 Revere / Cradlegrave
1 Mean team / mean arena
2 Sinister Dexters
1 Deadworld
1 Finn
1 extra Slaine ?
1 Armoured Gideon
1 War Machine (paired with random Friday one-offs)
1 Leviathan
1 Devlin Waugh (post John smith stuff)
2 Strontium Dogs / Durham Red / Tales Doghouse
1 Samantha Slade (maybe with Hogan Hughes robo hunter)
2 Dredds (could be anything, probably machine law)
1 Harry 20

That's a great list. Some amendments from me - there are four uncollected ABC Warriors series, so that's 2 books; there's easily enough material for at least x3 Sinister/Dexter books; and I think I'm right in saying there's less Strontium Dogs stuff than you think, so it could all fit in one book.

So...

1 Ro-busters volume (2000 ad stuff only)
2 ABC warriors volumes (the three "return to" stories and Fallout)
1 BlackHawk
1 Revere / Cradlegrave
1 Mean team / mean arena
3 Sinister Dexters(?)
1 Deadworld
1 Finn
1 extra Slaine ?
1 Armoured Gideon
1 War Machine (paired with random Friday one-offs)
1 Leviathan (Needs pairing with something else, though)
1 Devlin Waugh (post John smith stuff)
1 Strontium Dogs / Tales from the Doghouse
1 Durham Red - Scarlet Apocrypha, Island of the Damned, Nobody-wants-this-job Job
1 Samantha Slade (maybe with Hogan Hughes robo hunter)
2 Dredds (could be anything, probably machine law)
1 Harry 20
2 Brass Sun
1 Survival Geeks
2 Scarlet Traces
1 Blunt
1 Kingdom (completing the series)
1 Stickleback (completing the series)
1 Savage/ Disaster 1990 (completing the series)

Which I think takes us to 31 of 29 books...!  :lol:

Just thought I'd bump this

IndigoPrime

Subs copies of 111 and 112 (vol 114) just showed up, the latter of which looked like it had been thrown down the stairs. (First time in a while I've had a copy that damaged.) Now to brave Hachette customer services regarding attempting to end my sub with Cradlegrave. (Unlikely, but you never know.)

sintec

Yep mine just arrived to.  Reading the intro to Strontium Dogs I note:

Quote...Gothlord, an encounter that will have ramifications for Red in the stories that follow in the next couple of volumes
(emphasis mine)

Quote...in the next book Ennis will join forces with Steve Pugh and Nigel Dobbyn...

Sounds like 3 books of Strontium Dogs/Durham Red. Next one will be the Ennis stuff from the 90s. I guess the 3rd will be the Peter Hogan run. Which stories follow on from Island of the Damned?

Quote fixed—IP

IndigoPrime

I assume so. And it does all wrap up, albeit not in terribly satisfying fashion. I'm pretty happy with the first volume, though—that's all the 'other' Strontium Dog stuff I care about, in a single volume. Fab.

The Monarch

QuoteSounds like 3 books of Strontium Dogs/Durham Red. Next one will be the Ennis stuff from the 90s. I guess the 3rd will be the Peter Hogan run. Which stories follow on from Island of the Damned?

that would be part of  peter hogans run on strontium dogs in which durham has to deal with the gothlord himself

specifically (if my memory is right) mirrors, high noon, deals and night of the hunters

davidbishop

Wonder if Alan Smithee is still getting a credit on Night of the Hunter?

abelardsnazz

As predicted upthread, Cradlegrave also includes A Love Like Blood and Stone Island. The intro also states that Necronauts is forthcoming in the collection.