Main Menu

New British Comic - 'Mary Boys'

Started by Karl Stephan, 06 August, 2019, 10:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Sinx - after some digging it is looking like this is going to be effectively two issues worth of comic.

Also worth saying here after discovering that Indiegogo takes to money straight away- so not sure what the score if for failed projects. Presumably we get refunds.

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Sinx on 02 September, 2019, 11:15:19 AM
Love the art, and the story is definitely intriguing. How many pages will the finished comic have? (my preference is print over digital) I don't think it's clear on the Indiegogo page.

Hi Sinx. It's two issues of 24 pages each and the print tier starts from £12.

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 02 September, 2019, 11:40:03 AM
Sinx - after some digging it is looking like this is going to be effectively two issues worth of comic.

Also worth saying here after discovering that Indiegogo takes to money straight away- so not sure what the score if for failed projects. Presumably we get refunds.

Thanks for the support! If it doesn't reach it's funding goal then you get a refund. I'm surprised they take money up front on fixed goals though because Kickstarter don't. I know they do this on flexible goals through my own experience in supporting projects.

Sinx

Cool! I will be backing this (just as soon as I ring my bank and tell them to unblock indiegogo from my CC - I backed one campaign and since then can't back any others  :lol:)

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Sinx on 02 September, 2019, 05:27:18 PM
Cool! I will be backing this (just as soon as I ring my bank and tell them to unblock indiegogo from my CC - I backed one campaign and since then can't back any others  :lol:)

Thanks mate. I did have a few people complaining about Indiegogo after I launched the campaign. I might just look into using Kickstarter for the next project if I manage to fund this one.

Karl Stephan

Hi all,

17% funded so far. If you like this and haven't contributed yet, please follow the link to help me get these comics to print https://t.co/gy4UcxIpiK?amp=1

Dandontdare

Karl Stephan

Greg M.

All right then - I think your art looks smashing, and your influences sound right up my street. Backed!

(Oh, and like the total fanny that I am, I've managed to typo the city in which I live when filling in my address!)

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Greg M. on 13 September, 2019, 06:43:03 PM
All right then - I think your art looks smashing, and your influences sound right up my street. Backed!

(Oh, and like the total fanny that I am, I've managed to typo the city in which I live when filling in my address!)

:) Cheers!

Karl Stephan

Just a quick update to say we're now at 47%! I've also added an original art tier offering original pages of the comic to backers. Check it out! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mary-boys#/

Karl Stephan

Mardroid

I wanted to contribute but that website keeps reporting an error when I submit my card payment. I tried 2. different  cards so I don't think the error is mine. Maybe Indiegogo doesn't like IOS. I'll try again on another device later, but has anyone else found any issues with payment?

Karl Stephan

Quote from: Mardroid on 02 October, 2019, 04:26:59 AM
I wanted to contribute but that website keeps reporting an error when I submit my card payment. I tried 2. different  cards so I don't think the error is mine. Maybe Indiegogo doesn't like IOS. I'll try again on another device later, but has anyone else found any issues with payment?

Hi mate. Some people have. I've raised it with IGG and they just tell me to get the contributor to get in touch with them. Usually it's a glitch and goes through after successive attempts, but this keeps happening.

Mardroid

Thanks Karl. Just tried again, this time with an android device. Same thing happens, unfortunately. Starting to wonder of the post code they ask for on inputting card details is the banks rather than my own, but rather not chance it.😆

Curiously they give you a link and a code to quote, but the link just take you to a generic problem solving page, with no clear indication of where to put the code!

Never mind, I'll try again later. Nice to know it's not just me, anyway.