Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?  (Read 1723 times)

dweezil2

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Credit Cards Accepted.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?
« Reply #15 on: 05 August, 2021, 07:41:41 PM »
but I really hope they can go further with the line.  Even if it's just a Sov Judge in cloak to go against Dredd.

Pretty sure 3A cancelled the whole 2000AD series in JUL 2018 and later on in AUG 2019, Ash/3A company split from Kim/ThreeZero and then ceased business altogether.
Have read online rumours of a 3A rebirth using their licensed robot figures.
So like any new 1/12 releases from ReAction, Legendary Comic Book Heroes or Mezco, chances are slim to none.  :(

I see HIYA TOYS have pre-orders for 2 x 1/18th versions of the ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIER (US/Meg spelling and $299 USD price = oww!) from the ALIENS movie.
They did produce a 1/18 RIPLEY'S LOADER (final scenes from ALIENS) that was $79.99 USD.
Very popular and sold out quickly but just like 3A collectors suffered, only available for high prices from scalpers online, if you did not pre-order early from HIYA to secure one.
Grud damned expensive hobby.
Which gives hope to HIYA potentially releasing Mek's or vehicles in the future.
Sentenoids? Hov-tanks? Manta's? or ALL of the original ABC WARRIORS including MekQuake? (if it was 3A they would be teasing with a prototype of JUSTICE-1 priced at $666 USD).
 :) :D ;) :P :o :lol:

edit: Fairly sure 3A re-visited MONGROL and RO-JAWS during the 1/12 re-launch, so add them to the list of released 2000AD fig's in 1/6 and 1/12.
Right at the end 3A also teased a re-scaling of THARG prototype, complete with polystyrene cups in 1/12 scale  :P

I was lucky enough to see the proposed 1/12 Tharg and Strontium Dog figures from 3A at the 2000AD Birthday bash in London and can concur that they looked fantastic!
There was also a head sculpt of Old One Eye/Flesh that Ashley Wood was sure would never see the light of day, but was done more for what could be.

Back to Hiya Toys, if they start doing Judge Dredd related vehicles, I really hope that they can wrestle the Land Raider rights away from Mattel:)

dweezil2

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Credit Cards Accepted.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?
« Reply #16 on: 13 August, 2021, 10:17:56 AM »
Just bitten the bullet and splashed out on a RoboCop figure from Hiya Toys and I'm very happy with how detailed it is and the size, it bodes very well from a 2000AD line of figures.

Not sure what other 1/18 scale figures from other manufacturers come in at, but for an idea of scale, Robo was a couple of millimetres taller than a vintage Han Solo figure from Kenner. :thumbsup: