Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Mean Machine vs Bad City Blue - Round 1 Heat 7

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 October, 2021, 07:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Round 1 might require you get your thrill-banks tuned up as we drag some lesser lights of Tharg's Thrillverse out - though there are some stonking series in here it has to be said. And even when there's not, most of the ties offer some intriguing conundrums at least.

Second Dredd villain to spin off into their own series to appear in the tourney already; against a thrill that is fondly remembered by some, even if it ended abrupt-BOOM!

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Mean Machine - more info

vs.

Bad City Blue - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 31st October and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

I recently re-read Bad City Blue after more than 35 years and it gets my vote
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Hmmm... Mean is a great character but does he have enough to carry as many stories on his own as he's had? I have a great fondness for Craig Lipp's single writing credit for the GGC so going with Bad City Blue.

Link Prime

rogue69

Tomwe

paddykafka

Mean Machine

One of Tooth's most iconic and memorable characters, in my view.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Mean Machine turned up to 4 boks the competition.

I've not read Bad City Blue but have heard about it in detail  via Space Spinner 2000.

AlexF

The first 3 or 4 episodes of BCB would give Mean a run for its money, but it's a thrill that runs into a brick wall, fun wise. Mean Machine, of course, barrels right through any brick walls...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!