Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Really and Truly vs Storm Warning - Round 1 Heat 27

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 November, 2021, 06:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Just the day to run here and its quite close - possibly to the surprise to some. Can the Summer Offensive get a victory in Round One? Vote today and I'll count up in the morning.

IndigoPrime

I, Cosh

Really & Truly was the highlight of the Summer Offensive (sorry Slaughterbowl fans.) Dayglo, disposable fun that didn't outstay it's welcome and showcased Rian Hughes wonderful art. Nailed the sort of psychedelic whimsy that a few other strips of the era aimed at but never reallly hit. Also, I just remembered that I found a copy of Yesterday's Tomorrows in a charity shop last year so I can actually sit down and read this one!

Storm Warning does quite a nice job of creating a sort of English ghost story version of Psi Division. Not an amazing strip but trying to fill its own littel niche.

Really & Truly.
We never really die.

Magnetica

O Lucky Stevie!

Storm Warning is both one of Stevie's favourite Brit Cit & Psi Judge sgrips.

Really & Truly is  The Curs'd Eartb [ via/i]Hanna-Barbera via Acid House. It's one of Stevie's favourite things that Grant has ever done.

So Really and Truly iit is.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Oh it was close but in the end the Summer Offensive is already 3 down with only 2 to go as Rian Hughes glorious art proving not to be enough to carry Really and Truly through and

Storm Warning

gets the spot in the second round.