Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Creep vs Judge Karyn - Round 1 Heat 25

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 November, 2021, 06:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Cactus

Tough call this one. Both had really distinctive art I really liked. Creep really did feel nasty, Karyn's stories were a bit less memorable although I like the character and hope she gets more to do in the expanding Andersonverse.

Creep

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Last chance saloon for these two, think we can see where its going but its also very possibly quite close and those last minute vote could swing it - so get um in and I'll count um up in the morning.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 16 November, 2021, 10:49:06 AM
Tough call this one. Both had really distinctive art I really liked. Creep really did feel nasty, Karyn's stories were a bit less memorable although I like the character and hope she gets more to do in the expanding Andersonverse.

Creep

Karyn was last seen in a straight jacket & a pysch-cube at the end of a Rennie Dredd over a decade ago. That's how memorable her adventures were.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 17 November, 2021, 06:44:48 AM
Quote from: Blue Cactus on 16 November, 2021, 10:49:06 AM

Creep

Karyn was last seen in a straight jacket & a pysch-cube at the end of a Rennie Dredd over a decade ago. That's how memorable her adventures were.

She was recenty rescued from there by Anderson and some other stuff happened.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Ohhh that was close, quiet but close. Neither of these has set the world alight but each seems to have a solid fanbase and different reason for love. Just

Creep

crept (ahem) ahead and to be fair if it'd been a tie its brooding art and atmopshere would have carried the day. It slips into Round 2.

JayzusB.Christ

Too late for me to vote but I'd have gone with Creep too.  It wasn't great but I found Karyn way too generic and dull - Anderson did it first and better.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 November, 2021, 07:14:09 AM

She was recenty rescued from there by Anderson and some other stuff happened.

Recent as in the last 18 months? Not seen the prog nor the meg here in Oz since covid.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Blue Cactus

Yeah, she was in one of the more recent Anderson series in the weekly too I think, maybe not in the last 18 months but still fairly recently.