Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Max Normal vs Satanus - Round 1 Heat 31

Started by Colin YNWA, 18 November, 2021, 06:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Satanus Unchained was great fun, beautifully painted by the MacNeil Droid.

Was that the last time MacNeil went full MacNeil on a 2000AD strip?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 November, 2021, 10:19:31 AM
Satanus Unchained was great fun, beautifully painted by the MacNeil Droid.

Was that the last time MacNeil went full MacNeil on a 2000AD strip?

No, not by a long way. He painted the Dredd story Terror, and three Devlin Waugh stories (two of them multi-parters). Later he painted two series of Insurrection and one of Defoe in black-and-white/sepia.
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 19 November, 2021, 10:59:18 AM
He painted the Dredd story Terror, and three Devlin Waugh stories (two of them multi-parters).

Bless your approaching-middle-age memory Jimbo.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

This one is pretty close and as we've seem this morning last dat votes can change things so if you haven't get ya votes in... mind a vote for Satanus might make Uncle Pat angry! I'll count in the morning.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Sean SD

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

errr so I counted this up on Sunday as planned, filled in all by spreadsheets with the results and whatever at my end and then, it would seem not actually posted the result!

SORRY!

Anyway I've added the two votes here (luckily didn't affect the outcome) and can announce

Max Normal

Comfortably gets through to the second round. I really enjoyed Satanus, for all the ruckus it caused, but the recent Max Normal series from Guy Adam and Dan Cornwell was truly excellent and turned Max Normal as a series from a nice distraction in annuals and specials to a reallt fantastic piece and I'd welcome those two returning to Max and Vito, so very pleased to see it progress.