Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Street of Dan Francisco vs DreadNoughts Rd 1 Heat 57

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 December, 2021, 06:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Dreadnoughts: A dark, gritty depiction of the birth of the Judge system, set in 2035 and located in Boulder, Colorado. This serves as a realistic-seeming bridge between our present day and the fiction of Dredd's future world.

The Streets of Dan Francisco: Post-Chaos Day Mega-City One turns out to be a great place for a redemptive tale about the media savvy ex-Chief Judge. He stalks the ruins but is in turn stalked by ascendant gang violence. There's this brewing feeling that Judges have become far more vulnerable. Despite laying out threads for a follow-up, there is just the one standalone series.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

NapalmKev

I also enjoyed Streets of Dan... but it's not as good as...

Dreadnoughts

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Blue Cactus

Dan is quite a good character and his series was solid with nice art. Dreadnoughts I think I need to reread in one go cos I liked it but wasn't totally grabbed. Sometimes that monthly wait between Megs is a little bit too long to stay engaged although I enjoyed the individual episodes.

Dreadnoughts

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

We're at that time already - man this weeks seems to have flown by - and I'm starting to call time on these votes already. This one will be tough on a great thrill whichever way it goes. Vote today and I'll count up tomorrow.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Matching scores today, which probably tells you all you need to know... or does it. Yes one thrill dominated the votes but the other here got a lot of love and its almost certain to be seen as one of the better strips to miss out in this opening round. That said Streets of Dan Francisco didn't really have much hope against a modern classic like

DreadNoughts

Which will continue its story in Round 2.