Main Menu

COSMIC COMICS - New Hibernia Archive!

Started by Bolt-01, 01 May, 2019, 09:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: maryanddavid on 01 May, 2019, 06:26:43 PM
That's not correct for the postage Moly, PM me and Ill see what the problem is.

Just placed my order and it charged £5 postage - I blame Brexit!!

moly

Ordered, bugger the postage can't wait to read this

maryanddavid

Postage at £5 to the UK is expensive, but I can send it for the same price to New Zealand or the States. We can blame  Brexit for a lot but not for that, that's just daftness :D

Trout

The enthusiasm on this thread made my heart glad! I've also ordered a copy.  :)

Hawkmumbler

As soon as payday rolls around, i'm on this like a starving man at a carvery. Been too long since the works of Hibernia have graced Hawk Towers!

Colin YNWA

Landed (Thank you!) and read. As ever with Hibernia product its a delight. In many ways it felt like an old skool annual or special, which in a lot of ways is no surrpise. Even the things that I have already in original comics are elevated by superb reproduction standards and really nice quality paper - though this disappointing doesn't smell as nice as I was expecting, its actually a pretty bland smell, still possibly more importantly the majority of images sing on the page and the colours are really vibrant.

My one negative is it lacked an interview or biography piece to go with the lovely content. I understand that these can be hard to get hold of /produce but I think it would have rounded things off very nicely.

Still LOADS of content and highlight are the early Captain Klep which it is now clear was much better in Tornado than it was when it came across to 2000ad! And the Tharg strip where a brat visits the Nerve Centre, that was an absolute treat.

It will be no surprise to heard that I wholeheartedly recommend this and roll on whatever comes next.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 May, 2019, 10:51:53 AM
Landed (Thank you!) and read. As ever with Hibernia product its a delight. In many ways it felt like an old skool annual or special, which in a lot of ways is no surrpise. Even the things that I have already in original comics are elevated by superb reproduction standards and really nice quality paper - though this disappointing doesn't smell as nice as I was expecting, its actually a pretty bland smell, still possibly more importantly the majority of images sing on the page and the colours are really vibrant.

My one negative is it lacked an interview or biography piece to go with the lovely content. I understand that these can be hard to get hold of /produce but I think it would have rounded things off very nicely.

Still LOADS of content and highlight are the early Captain Klep which it is now clear was much better in Tornado than it was when it came across to 2000ad! And the Tharg strip where a brat visits the Nerve Centre, that was an absolute treat.

It will be no surprise to heard that I wholeheartedly recommend this and roll on whatever comes next.

/makes note to continue paper odour experiments... :) (I know what you mean, though - some paper stocks have a great smell, and part of reading for me is the tactile and the sensory, as well as what's actually on the pages)

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you're happy with the quality - we tried to present this stuff as best as possible, particularly as it was going to have the Treasury branding, and I'm glad if it comes over in the finished collection. A stripography/biography was bounced around at one stage IIRC, but it didn't make the cut.

O'Neill's Klep is the best of the run, IMO. It had a bite I felt the rest lacked, and in some ways I think you can see a little of Marshal Law in there (though the sheer venom Mills & O'Neill brought to that isn't quite as pronounced here!) Tharg and the Intruder is great fun too, so I'm glad you liked that :)

I believe David is at Enniskillen today with the final remains of the print run, and I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes down there!

maryanddavid

@Colin YNWA sorry about the smell :D
It's now sold out! It really had gotten a great reaction, thanks for the support, Richard has put in a fantastic shift on the design. Now onto the next project, which, I think will be of interest to a lot here!

Dandontdare

Wonderful to see some of those old images again in beautifully crisp reproduction. The actual stories aren't amongst Tharg's best - Dash Decent, Capt Klep, future shocks, text stories and Tharg tales  (hmmm - maybe we should get the Spacespinner lads to review it  :lol:) but the pictures are flippin' lovely

Darren Stephens

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. Sooo lovely. Well done all who where involved!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Bad City Blue

the standard remains as high as ever, and I'm doubly glad to see the grown up me still giggles at Klep and Decent.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Trout

Please confirm I am the only owner of this excellent publication in Canada so I can have a blue plaque made for my house.

(Also it's really great.)

The Amstor Computer

Not sure on that front, Trout - perhaps David can confirm so you can arrange for commissioning the plaque? :)

Glad to hear these are all arriving safely and going down well!

Fungus

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 21 May, 2019, 02:54:28 PM
Not sure on that front, Trout - perhaps David can confirm so you can arrange for commissioning the plaque? :)

Glad to hear these are all arriving safely and going down well!

Order placed 3 weeks ago, so all these satisfied customers makes me wonder if the Dictators have intercepted my copy !!!  :-\

maryanddavid