Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 21 September, 2015, 08:26:07 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 21 September, 2015, 08:14:58 AM
Surely that's Cameron done?

You'd hope so - but as the BBC aren't even reporting it at the moment...

They're pretty slow these days. Still, it's an unnamed source, with charter renewal coming up, and after the kicking they got over McAlpine, I'm sure they're happy to see where it goes - I wonder how they covered the newspaper reviews last night, guessing it was on the front cover of the Mail?

Steve Green

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 September, 2015, 08:43:45 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 21 September, 2015, 08:27:11 AM
Better or worse than having sex with a dead pig?

I would have thought the cannabis and cocaine allegations are at least as damaging politically as sticking your cock into a dead pig's mouth.

Cheers

Jim

I doubt anyone gives a shit about cannabis, and the coke and dominatrix stuff hasn't seemed to dent Osborne.

Goaty

JayzusB.Christ

Just found out about this. Holy fucking shit. I suppose, to be fair, it's a victimless crime, assuming the pig was pre-slaughtered. But it's horrible, lord of the flies shit, and if it sinks Cameron I believe Britain will be better off for it
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Old Tankie

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Old Tankie on 21 September, 2015, 09:18:57 AM
Its a load of porkies.

Ahhh, you could well be right. Still, interesting morning on twitter for a change
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richmond Clements

Can't wait for the public questions on PMQs this week!

JayzusB.Christ

Y'know, I'm kind of resisting the temptation to gloat and revel in Cameron's shame, because to be honest I've always thought we of Ireland and Britain have always been far too obsessed with what other people do with their private parts. 

If Cameron did this (and that's a big 'if'), well, it's repulsive, ugly and gruesome; but as far as I know it's not a crime, there was non-consenting victim and nobody was harmed (except for the pig, of course, but you can hardly blame Cameron for its death).

I think Cameron should be far more ashamed of the elitist, self-serving and divisive policies he is gradually inflicting on the UK than something stupid he did years ago as a student.  If this scandal finishes his career, well, frankly I'll be glad to see the back of him - it's a shame, though, that people are more scandalised about his sticking a part of his body into a piece of discarded meat than they are about the actions of his government.

TordelBack

What Jayzus said.  If your PM wants to act out goyim-versions of scenes from Portnoy's Complaint, that's his business.  It's everything else he says and does that bothers me...

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Yes, whilst the Cameron Pig Love scandal is hilarious, it's completely trivial and should have no political significance.

Steven Denton

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 21 September, 2015, 11:13:51 AM
Yes, whilst the Cameron Pig Love scandal is hilarious, it's completely trivial and should have no political significance.

From a political stand point the question is, would this scandal undermine his ability to negotiate domestically and internationally. Say he was trying to enter talks with Russia over their worrying expansionist ambitions and Putin decided to answer his concerns by asking if Dave had stuck his dick in any dead pigs recently' Iran could refuse to be lectured by a man that stuffs his pork sword into a pig cadavers gob. Al-Assad could publicly enquire as to weather is was just his flaccid member our PM stuffed into the waiting ham or if it was his balls too.

Maybe they would be above that kind of thing and maybe they wouldn't (I know I'm not and I'm not even 100% sure he did it)

IndigoPrime

It won't finish him. And while there's the spectacle of that act, the bigger issue that is specific to this story surrounds drugs. He took them. Then he fought for their legalisation. And then it became clear he would be a big voice in the Conservative Party, at which point he suddenly fell silent, apart from occasionally saying THINK OF THE CHILDREN after becoming a parent. Frankly, I'd rather think of the drug addicts who would be better served with a Portuguese-style system, the recreational cannabis users who aren't harming anyone (and perhaps wonder at the rank hypocrisy of alcohol and tobacco being freely available), and the people who genuinely find cannabis assists with horrible medical conditions.

But then that's always the way with politics, and with our system where elections swing on a few thousand conservative (small C) votes. Get into power and your policies surrounding drugs always become hardline, no matter where you start. That still doesn't get Cameron off the hook, though, the hypocrite.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Steven Denton on 21 September, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
From a political stand point the question is, would this scandal undermine his ability to negotiate domestically and internationally. Say he was trying to enter talks with Russia over their worrying expansionist ambitions and Putin decided to answer his concerns by asking if Dave had stuck his dick in any dead pigs recently' Iran could refuse to be lectured by a man that stuffs his pork sword into a pig cadavers gob. Al-Assad could publicly enquire as to weather is was just his flaccid member our PM stuffed into the waiting ham or if it was his balls too.

Maybe they would be above that kind of thing and maybe they wouldn't (I know I'm not and I'm not even 100% sure he did it)

They might indeed say that stuff (who could blame them?) but it wouldn't change the outcome of the negotiations.

Steven Denton

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 21 September, 2015, 11:52:25 AM
Quote from: Steven Denton on 21 September, 2015, 11:30:19 AM

They might indeed say that stuff (who could blame them?) but it wouldn't change the outcome of the negotiations.

Undermining someone's credibility weakens their position.

JayzusB.Christ

I'm just going to take a five second break from being mature about the whole thing and point out that before Cameron was involved with the Big Society, he was part of the Pig Society.