Main Menu

Why you should'nt be so "comicy" about the new film

Started by mogzilla, 01 August, 2011, 10:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Elvis for Death. Stiff acting and the fact he has been dead for years fits the bill perfectly.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mardroid

I'm all for a human actor for Judge Death*. By all means use CGI if his spiritual form is depicted but in the end, he inhabits a physical body. I know it's disproportionate when you consider the length of his arms, but I would see that as comic artistic licence. Besides, you can still add such effects to a human actor, although I'd suggest the long arms to be an 'arm stretching' deal to occur in certain scenes rather than being a permanent form of the character.

And the chap who played the Mouth of Sauron would be ideal. I wouldn't mind a new up and comer too.

*Not that a CGI character wouldn't include a human actor - Andy Serkis being a prime example - but I'm sure you get what I mean.

ABCwarBOT

I'd prefer any Dredd films to be more grounded in reality than including characters like Judge Death.   I find him a bit naff too.

Psidude

I think judge death is best left in the comic,pj is a much more grounded villiain! :)

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: vzzbux on 06 August, 2011, 04:22:01 PM
Elvis for Death. Stiff acting and the fact he has been dead for years fits the bill perfectly.

:lol: that was a good 'un, vzzbux dude, touche... didn't Death have a musical number in the comic at one time, if he ended it with "than' yoo, than' yoo ver' much!", Elvis is perfect for the role, the only trouble is Priscilla will ask for a bloody fortune for her somewhat deceased ex-hubbie to make a comeback- I don't think DNA Films could afford him, never mind...

If they do attempt Death for a Dredd sequel, he'll probably be like the new Judge uniforms- instantly recognisable yet still extensively redesigned for practical and realism reasons- meaning either a Cursed Earth mutant and/or a rogue PSI Judge gone nuts.  He'll not be as gangly as in the comics (and I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to how his costume might look onscreen), but should have a certain imposing height and physique to actually pose a threat to a hard-as-nails badass like Dredd, which is why Bruce Spence would be perfect casting, he has it all - height (6ft 6in), wiry but not gangly, and that voice (Mouth of Sauron with a hiss and/or rasp) - the whole CG suggestion I'm not dogmatic about, it just depends on how DNA decide to portray him... 
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Beaky Smoochies

Aw dammit, look at how that turned out, bloody quotes :-[...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Toni Scandella

I love that people are already arguing about the origins and design of the main bad guy in the sequel :)

SKD

Quote from: Toni Scandella on 07 August, 2011, 08:43:26 AM
I love that people are already arguing about the origins and design of the main bad guy in the sequel :)

Wait untill we start debating how to end this first trilogy......... In about a months time. :D  My vote for an actor to play Death would be for Wayne Pygram who played Scorpius in Farscape.

Stew.

P.S. Please. How do I get quotes in the little boxes like everybody else? (Not good with computer things :-[)

SKD

Sorry. I did it and didn't realise I had.  :-[ :-[ :-[

Stew

Fuzzed

Gotta pass the time somehow until the next drip from Dredd.

When I said Empire's made me happy enough to wait until the film trailer, I was talking out my ass. I didn't mean it, I really didn't mean it. This is so painful.

And then Sherlock gets delayed to next year. So much pain.

[/quote]
My vote for an actor to play Death would be for Wayne Pygram who played Scorpius in Farscape.
[/quote]

Farscape. The show for leather fetishists everywhere. I don't actually know what Scorpius looks like under that make-up (which was superb), so I'll go google up knowledge now.

SKD

Quote from: Fuzzed on 07 August, 2011, 10:10:36 AM

Farscape. The show for leather fetishists everywhere.

Oh bugger! The cats out the bag now.  :lol:

Stew.

vzzbux

He also doubled up as Peter Cushing for the role of Grand Moff Tarkin in ROTS.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

SKD

Quote from: vzzbux on 07 August, 2011, 10:40:37 AM
He also doubled up as Peter Cushing for the role of Grand Moff Tarkin in ROTS.

v

Look at the cheekbones, that jaw line. Put a helmet with a portcullis on him and I think we have a winner.

Stew.

Goaty