jackstarr

Quotehaha we actually have zombies and aliens in sims3
So that means they're not in Sims 4?

Or are you just saving them up for the first DLC?  :P

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 23 September, 2014, 02:22:53 AM
Finally, it's ready to let me play... :D

....and?

ThryllSeekyr

I been playing it one and off all day after making a sim of my self and my dad to best of ability.

I 'll keep my mouth shut  about it for now, though while upload the video to You-Tube.

Bat King

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 23 September, 2014, 01:17:17 PM
I been playing it one and off all day after making a sim of my self and my dad to best of ability.

I 'll keep my mouth shut  about it for now, though while upload the video to You-Tube.

Ooooo... sounds intriguing
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Goaty

Please don't!

CheechFU

Quote from: Goaty on 23 September, 2014, 05:43:38 PM
Please don't!

ThryllSeekyr

In a nutshell.....

There are no toddlers, and while this is not biggy, having the sims experience each signifcant stage of their life cycle a welcome addition since the second version of the game.

There are no vechiles/taxi's used for travelling. Your Sim just disappears from the lot when they walk outside to work or downtown or to the park.

I think this is slightly worse off than the third version of game where they would disappear and reappear inside their own conveyance or taxi. It was this and few other animations that were missing in this version of the game. In the current version it's not so bad, except what I already said earlier.

Every house or public building on the same neighbour hood is separate and needs to be loaded separately if you want your sim to leave their current location and access that or another one.

This was fixed in  the third version of the game where your sim could go anywhere on the entire map without a break in the transition. You could also zoom out and pick out other Sims to concentrate on. Wether they are your and the ones that came with the game. This was only ruined by the dumb transport animations that would run right over your sim or a sim and both of them would continue going as if there was no collision and the other thing I said above.

There are no swimming pools, just ponds and streams or rivers where your sim can go fishing.

Sims look more cartoonish in this version. It's like they took their appearance and the appearance of everything else a few steps back from how they looked in the third version of the game. (Not that I was ever really impressed with how they were supposedly improved in the previous instalment. Because in making them look more realistic, something was else lost!) However cartoonish these new Sims look, they seem to have got back what was lost in the other game.

Loved to see Sims game with graphics designed by  MacMahon.

Not sure about all the funny faces and wacky animations they used to pull in the second version, but the third game seemed to have a lot of them omitted. I not altogether sure yet, wether these were brought back with a whole lot more in this game. I will need to continue playing to see if they did.

I also lost both of the saved games I made yesterday and I made up another sim just like me today and he died from electrocution while fixing the stereo. These games still use the Grim-Reaper.

I not sure if my missing saves were from something. I did. As I was moving folders around yesterday to make more room for other game videos or was it some more of the internet foulness and bad play that I have been experiencing lately.

Some of the things I like about the game is that...

The full body and facial sculpting that allows the player to push and pull on most parts of the body to make individual body parts thick or thing. There is also two sliders that allow the player to add another layer of muscle and fat. Both tools combine allow the player to make their Sim as muscular or skinny or fat as they like with varying proportions.

The same is possible for the head/face with the exception of adding or taking away muscle.

While this is all good, the only other problem is that it almost as limited as the many and various sliders that were available in the third game.

While the molding options seem very pliable at first it's only after I spent a while tweaking my creations that I still found I didn't have the same freedom that was given in the second game.  Not enough too make a convincing version of myself or the female celebrity I then decided to make. (Don't we were both living in separate neighbourhoods and she was living two guys I didn't turn out so well at all and it was only after I started playing that game that I realised one of them look a lot like Jim Parsons/Sheldon Cooper despite otherwise trying to make him somebody else. Something to do with not getting the exact head shape I wanted. However, I would love to make a Big Bang Theory, The Young Ones, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, M*A*S*H The Walking Dead themed characters living in their themed building and surroundings. It like you would then able to make your own versions of their shows!) 

TBC.....

ThryllSeekyr

HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!
After miraculously clearing away enough hard drive space on both drives.

I figured I would play get a game going and it's doing the same thing today as it was last time.

When ever I try to load or star a new game, the loading screen goes into a endless loop and can't be shut down. Not even with Task File Manager. The only thing that works is restarting the computer.

In fact when, Control/Alt/Deleted back to the desktop, the loading stays up on the screen barely minimised. It has the little box with X in it up in the right hand corner, but every time I click that...I lose the desktop as it goes back to the lading screen proper. 

It's like the damn thing was supposed to stop me from playing the damn game as well as anything else.
As I can't acces anything on the tool bar. They just don't respond as they should when I click on those either.

So what's up with my game?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

What is it about this forum that makes people think it's some sorta tech support site for their video games?
You may quote me on that.

ThryllSeekyr

It's okay now, I as resorted to hot/cold restarting the thing >:(

Well, sometimes the damn thing makes me that desperate.

I have been asking on my Facebook Page as well or the Frontier Forums.

I just needed a quick fix and in case you wondering I was using the alternative deskstop that is available to Windows 8. It's another Windows Explorer browser assessable from the fancy Start - Up Menu.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause trouble, but in desperation only.

CheechFU

I refuse to help anyone play the sims. Your are beyond help

ThryllSeekyr

I having problems with a lot of things on this computer now.

Bloody WinZip, who keep asking me of more money every time I use them and I'm pretty sure I purchased their yearly subscription twice this year already.

So I did and now I can't find their bloody download and some internet pages won't process for me and I had to reset my password for Frontier/Elite Dangerous and Elder Scrolls Online.

The former needs a reset password every couple of days like random hacks won't stop hacking me!

Hey Cheech, about your forum name?

Your last name wouldn't happen to be Marin? (I know it's dumb to ask?)

And the those last two letters as well?

Really now?

ThryllSeekyr

Damn, this game won't get any further than the loading screen.