Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabreman64

I have a question I hope someone can answer. It's not related specifically to the 2000 AD Ultimate Collection (although I was a subscriber to the collection for around 18 months). It's more of a general question about Hachette partworks.

If I ask Hachette to cancel a partwork subscription, will I be able to ask them to reinstate and resume the subscription at a later date? You see I am currently subscribed to Hachette's Terminator partwork. Because of financial problems, I need to cancel my subscription and then resume it in 6 months to a year. Will that be possible with Hachette, do you think?

Hackenbush

I also have a question that I have not been able to find an answer to.

Is there an option to subscribe to this collection in New Zealand?

The books all have NZ pricing on them, but I have never seen them carried in the shops here.

There was a company https://www.mycollectables.co.nz/ that did subscriptions for the Mega Collection here but they did not offer the ultimate collection.

I have compiled the complete collection so far via the hachette site and more recent issues from Forbidden Planet - but it has been very costly this way due to postage costs via a forwarding service.

Is there some other option I have missed?

IndigoPrime

Best bet to both of those: ask. My guess regarding dropping the subscription and picking it up again is that you'd be able to, but it'd depend entirely on stock. Right now, some series have some very low print runs.

Bad Andy

I still have a premium sub. There's no point in continuing that is there? Not going to get any further goodies. Assume I can cancel that and have normal sub post-issue 80

IndigoPrime

They've said on FB that the DD will drop accordingly. But keep an eye on it, obv.

davidbishop

Quote from: Bad Andy on 07 September, 2020, 08:22:19 PM
I still have a premium sub. There's no point in continuing that is there? Not going to get any further goodies. Assume I can cancel that and have normal sub post-issue 80

Did the Dante statuette ever appear?

Woolly

Quote from: davidbishop on 07 September, 2020, 10:06:01 PM
Quote from: Bad Andy on 07 September, 2020, 08:22:19 PM

Did the Dante statuette ever appear?

Last statue I got was Rogue, but then I did get two Halos (cough*keptthattomyself*cough) for some reason. Was a Dante figure ever specifically offered?

Bad Andy

IndigoPrime

I'm not sure how many statues there are supposed to be, but I vaguely recall Hachette on Facebook saying the last one will go out with #80.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 September, 2020, 08:42:19 AM
I'm not sure how many statues there are supposed to be, but I vaguely recall Hachette on Facebook saying the last one will go out with #80.

Missing statues? In 2020?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 September, 2020, 10:16:33 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 September, 2020, 08:42:19 AM

Missing statues? In 2020?

:lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

Phew, I took the risk of not changing my delivery address with Hachette during lockdown, as they were bound to fudge something up, and rely on the postal service handling the books till our office reopened. 10 books waiting for me today

Super Mario

Greg M.

If Dante's statue was sitting on a plinth, it's a sure bet someone's pulled him off.

robprosser

Quote from: Greg M. on 09 September, 2020, 05:28:29 PM
If Dante's statue was sitting on a plinth, it's a sure bet someone's pulled him off.
Fnarr fnarr. (I thought this was a 2000ad forum not a Viz one)