Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Well. That certainly solves that question.

Hooray for Simon Davis on Sin-Dex!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bolt-01

Storming line-up there. Stront AND Kingdom? Happy days indeed.

janus stark

not complaining , but isn't the end of year prog  the same as last year?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: jabish on 30 October, 2015, 02:45:49 PM
Just saw that. I guess with the actual Prog 2000 happening next year they have to have the bumper end of year prog just be part of normal numbering. Makes sense because there will be an actual Prog #2016 fairly soon. Nice line up though:

Judge Dredd: Melt by Rob Williams & Henry Flint
Strontium Dog: Repo Men by John Wagner & Carlos Ezquerra
The Order: In the Court of the WyrmQueene by Kek-W & John Burns
Absalom: Family Snapshots by Gordon Rennie & Tiernen Trevallion
ABC Warriors: Return to Ro-Busters by Pat Mills & Clint Langley
Kingdom: Beast of Eden by Dan Abnett & Richard Elson
Future Shock: The Mighty Mykflex by Martin Feekins & Jesus Redondo
Sinister Dexter: Blank Ammo by Dan Abnett & Simon Davis

Sweet mother of God how great is that line-up! Seriously how fuckin' good, well clearly good enough to make me swear!

Looking at it my guess for Prog 1962 (interesting shift in the numbering there) is Dress (well of course) Strontium Dog, The Order (very happy to have this back) ABC Warriors and Kingdom. If so bloody how good is that too.

As already mentioned always great to see Simon Davis on S&D too.

IndigoPrime

Elson still on Kingdom! Phew!

Satanist

That's a nice lookin line up. More Kingdom inawizlikyass!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

A salon AND The Order?! Ooooooh yeeeesssss!!!!!

Citi-Def_Joe

Holy teapots of mumu, thats quite the lineup, happier to be back in the 2000ad fold with every passing prog, megazine, collection and announcement of this type

Jacqusie

Quote from: jabish on 30 October, 2015, 02:45:49 PM

Sinister Dexter: Blank Ammo by Dan Abnett & Simon Davis

...that won't be anything new, Sinister Dexter have been shooting blanks for years...

...someone had to say it!

::)

Richard

QuoteWell, it's not like Rebellion ever made a promise not to reprint the material (or even existed at the time - I'm guessing Jason and Chris were schoolkids at the time).
Rebellion is bound by the undertakings given by the previous owner.

QuotePlenty of British comics have done far harder satire
It's not about satire, it's about trade mark infringement.

IndigoPrime

Trademark infringement is a tough legal battle to win. In the cases of obvious parody, you'd have had a hell of a time in court in the 1970s, let alone now.

Richard

Ok. But breach of a contractual agreement not to reprint the material must be pretty easy to prove.

Leigh S

IPC signed up to the no reprint thing 40 years ago now getting on... IPC never had to sign a thing - I dont think the companies had a leg to stand on if they had pursued legal action at the time. Howeverm they were either scared by the big guys, or wanting to rein in an editorial team that was already causing them trouble with their loosey goosey ways.

The legality of an individual contract that Rebellion inherited (or maybe didnt) is likely to be open to all kinds of easy outs for someone determined enough to reprint.  That said, the story as read on io9 about a change in Laws seems to suggest something else behind the sudden ability to reprint. 

Publish and be damned!

Richard

Wicked, thanks.

"But now that UK law on parody has been updated to the point that Rebellion wouldn't be sued into oblivion for these parodies, The Cursed Earth can be released as it was originally intended to be for the first time in nearly four decades... the release will also mark the first time The Cursed Earth's color work will have been restored."
http://io9.com/youll-soon-be-able-to-read-a-classic-judge-dredd-comic-1739509529

maryanddavid

Id say at the time Action had caused enough grief in the comic department that IPC didn't need the bad publicity of a court case, however weak from international corporations.