Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 05 November, 2013, 12:32:24 PM
New editions of the Great Game and The Courtship of Jena M will be released in 2014.

Nice one.

IronGraham

New editions of the Great Game and The Courtship of Jena M will be released in 2014.

I bow to you good sir :'( < tear of joy
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Hawkmumbler

And on the seventh day there was s saviour named Robo-K33F, who did smite all the terrible thrill suckers.

radiator

Good news - I certainly believe Dante deserves to be wider-read - but then I think that about Dredd too.

Richard

QuoteRebellion said that response at US conventions was generally along the lines of "I don't want to read a book about these crazy Russkies".

Does it really matter? I don't accept the notion that we always have to measure the success of a British comic (or any other medium) by how well it sells in America. That's not a jibe at Americans, and I'm glad that there are some American fans of 2000AD, but the American and British cultures are different (which we sometimes forget because we get so much tv, film and music from America, but it's true) -- sometimes a British story (or product or song, whatever) is not well received in America, but that doesn't mean it isn't great. Unless you want it to mean that. Let's just accept that not everything we love here will necessarily be commercially successful in America just because they embraced Monty Python, be glad to have what we have, and move on.

Colin YNWA

The word is a better place today than it was yesterday.

Theblazeuk

Oh just to note, I did track down a copy of Courtship in the big forbidden planet in London. Little did they know the rare treasure they had nestled in there...

Tombo

So that explains all the fireworks going off outside!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tombo on 05 November, 2013, 07:15:03 PM

So that explains all the fireworks going off outside!

HA! Gold.

Skullmo

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 05 November, 2013, 05:36:17 PM
Oh just to note, I did track down a copy of Courtship in the big forbidden planet in London. Little did they know the rare treasure they had nestled in there...

Might go and get it first thing tomorrow morning!!  :lol:
It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

And stick it on e-bay for £100!  ;)

Skullmo

It's at least 1/4 as good as Zenith
It's a joke. I was joking.

The Prodigal

Judge Dredd: Mutants in Mega-City One

Folks sorry for a repeat enquiry of sorts but the above trade-is it previously un-released material or stuff likely to have been covered elsewhere? Its due for release 10/12/13.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Mutants-Mega-City-One/dp/1781081670

Dodsy

This is great news. Now just market the hell out of the whole collection 2000AD!

I managed to track down a copy of Courtship last year thanks to a forum member and thankfully only paid £7 for it. Really glad I didn't pay stupid money after this news  :lol:
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Prodigal on 06 November, 2013, 12:35:27 PM
Judge Dredd: Mutants in Mega-City One

Folks sorry for a repeat enquiry of sorts but the above trade-is it previously un-released material or stuff likely to have been covered elsewhere? Its due for release 10/12/13.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Mutants-Mega-City-One/dp/1781081670

Previously published stuff, repackaged for the American market - it's like the 'Fatties' collection earlier this year or the previous 'Judges gone bad' book, a load of different tales from different eras of Dredd joined by a loose theme, in this case mutants.
@jamesfeistdraws