Main Menu

ABC

Started by petehall, 01 February, 2002, 02:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petehall

Whilst its great to see a film about the mighty Joe(tommy lee jones would make a great JD)The magnificent meks would be superb especially in these days of computer amimation. Obviously kronicles of kaos/Hellbringer would be a great two parter, although I would I would go for the more logical story of Hellbringer as the first tale with Kronicles as the second parter (told as a flashback(narrated by Ro-jaws obviously)
So lets hear it for the meks

pete

paulvonscott

Kronicles.  That wasn't the one where Pat Mills turned Joe Pinapples into a tranny?

Bloody Hell that was awful.  Was Pat having a bad day?

petehall

no mate not awful, just very very funny, Anyway, lets see more of the ABC Warriors Still it would make a great film

Fifty

Kronikles was a mixture of very good and very bad.

The art was very good.  (Why doesn't Kev Walker do painted art anymore, I way prefer that to his Chris-Blythe-coloured stuff)

The story had it's moments.

"I am not fit to lick the toe jam from your trainers!"

One of my fave comic lines ever.

Anyway, I wouldn't like the ABC warriors to be done, cos I doubt they could get the voices right, and it would ruin them.

paulvonscott

Yes, I quite liked a lot of it, but I can't help feeling the brain parasites got to Pat.  It seemed to me a case of, well, everyone thinks Joe is cool, so let's make him not cool.  Let's make him a tranny.

Was that the same story where Pineapples shot someone on a different planet.  That was cool, Pat new it was cool, and didn't mind people thinking killing was cool, the he gets all moralistic (remember Pat, you wrote Mach 1).

Like Hammerstein.  I've always liked H since my Robusters day.  Okay he's a square and always follows orders and by Pat's standards as dull as oxidised Mek varnish, but he's okay by me.

Jim_Campbell

> The art was very good. (Why doesn't Kev
> Walker do painted art anymore, I way prefer
> that to his Chris-Blythe-coloured stuff)

'Cos this way it doesn't take Kev six weeks to do an episode (even artists have to eat, y'know) ...!

Plus, all the Walker stuff is self-coloured. I think we had this argument on the NG a few months ago, but I _like_ current style - Mignola inks (by Kev's own admission) and all ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Fifty

but presumably he gets paid more for fully painted?  Can 2000AD not afford his best stuff?

Jim_Campbell

> but presumably he gets paid more for fully painted?
> Can 2000AD not afford his best stuff?

I can't swear to this, but I don't think there's a distinction between coloured-by-hand and coloured-by-computer - it's either full colour or b/w ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

nathan

"I can't swear to this, but I don't think there's a distinction between coloured-by-hand and coloured-by-computer - it's either full colour or b/w ... '

Plus it is possible to take longer doing computer colour than hand painted. Mark Harrison we salute you!

N