Main Menu

Droid Life

Started by Alski, 04 October, 2009, 11:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alski

is it just me, or does anyone else think that inclusion of this strip makes a Prog that much better?

The first thing I do is flip open the cover to see if it's in, and if it is I sit back and prepare for a huge laugh.

Can we have it every week, please. Cat Sullivan also does some of the funniest, most bizarre strips Viz has ever printed as well.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

I, Cosh

It can be hit and miss, like most comedy, but I like the fact it's there. I'm happy enough for it be an unexpected diversions though.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Not a massive fan but it certainly doesn't harm the comic at all and can be fun.

vzzbux

Ahhh Viz. I thought I recognized his work somewhere else.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Hoagy

Yep. Good additional comic-mimickery. As said box.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mike Gloady

I quite like it.  Even when it's not TREMENDOUSLY amusing, it always raises a smile.  A prog WITH Droid Life is better than without, but by it's very nature it's not a HUGE difference.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I love it, it nearly always brings a smile to my face, but I wound not want too see it every week.
It's the fact that it appears quite irregularly that keeps it fresh. If it appeared more often I think I would tire of it and louse interest in it easily.

TordelBack

Hmmm, I'd say it scores 'funny' or higher with me 4 out of 5 strips, which for my money  makes it 2000AD's most successful comedy strip since DR & Quinch (Sooner or Later and Lobster Random are bloody clever, but not always strictly funny, and Balls Brothers and Bec & Kawl  more like 3/5 hit rate). 

SmallBlueThing

I'm always slightly dissappointed when it doesn't appear. How long has it been going for now? Seems like ages, and is very much a part of the prog for me.

Progs that have both Droid Life AND a letters page immediately get judged more Thrill-Powered than those that don't, chez-SBT.

SBT

I, Cosh

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 05 October, 2009, 10:20:16 PM
Progs that have both Droid Life AND a letters page immediately get judged more Thrill-Powered than those that don't, chez-SBT.
This is a good point, but where would your Thrillometer rank a Prog with a letters page and a preview of a forthcoming thrill you weren't expecting?
We never really die.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 October, 2009, 10:44:31 PM
This is a good point, but where would your Thrillometer rank a Prog with a letters page and a preview of a forthcoming thrill you weren't expecting?

I canT sTaND tHE conFuSioN iN mY mINd!!!

No, that would depend on whether the forthcoming thrill were of the 'Red Seas' variety, or a stonking Pat laff/vi-o-fest.

Ideally, I'd have a Droid Life on the inside page, a letters page at the back, and a nice forthcoming thrill advert on the back cover. Or a lovely insert in the middle. That, and a questionnaire. Have I ever mentioned how much I love questionnaires?

But I really do think that, if Tharg were really smart, and if he wanted to really shock and surprise us, he's quietly commission a two-part, five page an episode, Droid Life strip and slip it in unannounced.

That, and give us a lovely big book of covers.

SBT
I never forget.

COMMANDO FORCES

I liked it so much I bought the book.

opaque

I love it.
Some are a little more hit and miss, but always the writing not the art.
But it's certainly something well worth having all the time in my mind :)

Dandontdare

I love it, I think there have only been one or two that only made me smile rather than chuckle out loud, and they better still be doing that poster when my subs renewal rolls round again!

stacey

The Clint Langly one made me do an actual guffaw,  I didn't think guffaw's were really real, I thought they were a made up laugh.  But guffaw I did. I love Droid Life very much.