Main Menu

Which prog had this short story?

Started by Arablover, 09 November, 2004, 11:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arablover

This would be from a very early prog.

It was a short illustrated story about a telephone call box in the middle of a desert.

Some people were trapped there and this was their only hope of escape.

Some of them were killed by the electricity from the telephone as they tried to get it working.

In the end one of the people had an antique dime, but when it was used to call the operator all they got was a recorded message.

Please advice!

Cheers.

Jeremy

Richmond Clements

No idea, sorry, but I'll bump it up the board for you.

ARRISARRIS

...and ill do the same, this intrigues me, but i suspect it may nt have been in 2000ad, ive got all the progs but that one doesnt ring a bell and have just recently read most of 1 to 100, and its not in any of them, what other comics did you read as a youth?...

LARF

Was it an eagle Doomlord story, or the 13th floor?

Leigh S

Possibly this, though not quite as you relate it above?

Can you Spare a Major Credit Card 1 episode (Prog 369) 2 pages
Script: Alan Hebden, Artist: Mones
Thrill Power: ? (4 votes)

Quirkafleeg

It reminds me of that wierd and scary Spanish short film about the bloke trapped in the phone box

skurvy

It was in Star Wars Weekly, one of the very early ones. I know this because I recently read a whole bunch of 'em.

House of Usher

Hooray for the Skurv! See, I told you he was from the 1980s.
STRIKE !!!

ARRISARRIS

...so now that were all intrigued by this story any chance of someone digging it out and posting it on this site???....

...and which issue exactly?...

skurvy

I'll have a look tonight, might be able to persuade someone to scan it in for me too.

longmanshort

He's a geek - GET HIM!

;)

http://www.beach-o-matic.com/portfolio/Resources/geek.gif">
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

skurvy

ARRISARRIS

skurvy

Jeremy, check your email. I just sent the strip to you as a pdf.

Skurve

skurvy

Jeremy. Your email won't accept the attachment, keeps bouncing it back as being too large. Any ideas of how I can get it to you? it's only 800k.