Main Menu

DIESEL 2000AD SPECIAL...........??????

Started by ARRISARRIS, 02 June, 2004, 02:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone could shed a little more light on this 2000ad  special editon reprinty thing available through Diesel stores. (never heard of them myself) Tried the web site but it seems to be alittle out of date (1998?) plus no mention of our favourite mag, What are the contents and how can one get a copy etc etc etc...

The Amstor Computer

No idea what the contents are, but I'd be interested in getting a copy. If there's anyone near a Diesel store, do you fancy picking up a couple of copies?

swavesey

There's a diesel shop in the main street of Leeds. Sell overpriced pretentious clothing that fits really badly. But they do have cool advertising campaigns, and probably a nice line in sweatshop labour.

I'd like to know more about this one - where did you hear?

ARRISARRIS

...was in this weeks edition of 2000ad, would buy from anyone who can get me a copy for a reasonable price...

Devons Daddy

DIESEL
very yank style loose fitting clothes. big with rapper types and asian youths.especially in this region.

great to see such marketing tie ups being made. this is the way forward in terms of revenue generation without makeing profit by cutting costs with reprint materail.
a winner for rebellion once again.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Last of the V8's

If anyone could lay their hands on a copy for me I'd appreciate it?

Tanky

I think there's a store in southampton. I'm supposed to be off there at the weekend. If i'm right, how many copies do i get?!

The Amstor Computer

One for me, please! Mail me off-board if you can get hold of one.

ARRISARRIS

...me too, if you can that would be great...

Dudley

Scottiepunk

I'd quite like one too Tanky if you could sort it?!

Max Kon

Buddy

What exactly is the arrangement???

Is there a special 2000ad produced for DIESEL oris it carrying the regular prog for a bit???

Will Diesel be producing any 2000ad related clothing (t-shirts etc...)???

If the answer to any or all of the above is no, then what's the point???

The Amstor Computer

Special prog carrying reprints of 2000AD strips, IIRC...

Endjinn

It's all about Branding (with a capital B). Rebellion have been doing their best to promote the prog (with the taxis, Shaun of the Dead and now this) to a wider audience.

You've got to admit, 2000AD hasn't got the priviledge position of "cool" it once had. And while you can't construct "cool" as such, you can do your best.

Which is why the Diesel idea is a great one. Even if it doesn't work.