Main Menu

Prog 1929 Armed and Dangerous

Started by Mattofthespurs, 02 May, 2015, 10:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

So, nobody wants to help me, or nobody believes it's right to help me.
:think: :think:
It's not like it's dumb idea either

Keef Monkey

Agreed! My memory from week to week is a shambles, and while there are 'story so far' boxes in the prog they tend to be more general back story with the current storyline summed up in a line. I find my memory takes a bit more refreshing than that!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 07 May, 2015, 04:03:40 PM

Banners answered you.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 07 May, 2015, 04:09:00 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 07 May, 2015, 04:03:40 PM

Banners answered you.

Like a true politician would!

ZenArcade

Yes Dirk Jambon is an absolute authority. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Magnetica

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 07 May, 2015, 12:25:37 PM
Oooooft that's a great Dredd cover!

Still wasn't grabbed by Orlok. I re-read the first series the other night for a refresher and to see how it held up in a single read and I think I like that first run more, but still wasn't a fan particularly. It seems to rattle along too quickly for any of it to sink in for me, and the change in tone between the first and second series' was quite jarring. Part of my problem is that I don't see why this needs to be Orlok, and struggle to really think of it as Orlok. Having a prequel series where he's off on Bond-style japes around the world is doing a lot to undo the mystique and cool of the character for me a bit, it just doesn't feel appropriate to me.

I totally agree with that.

Quote from: robert_ellis on 07 May, 2015, 03:47:33 PM
I'm reading the prog on the tube.

Yes I do that too and have been for 24 years now. In all that time I have never seen anyone else reading the Prog or the Meg (have seen a few other comics). Other passengers have remarked on it twice, saying they used to read it, at which point I try to encourage them to buy it again.

Out of interest what line are you on? I am on the Central Line from Ealing Broadway to Bond Street and Jubilee to Southwark.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: robert_ellis on 07 May, 2015, 03:47:33 PM
Please can Dark Jimbo write the "story so far" boxes in the prog.

I'm not saying I should be in the prog... that's for others to do.  :cool:
@jamesfeistdraws

JudgeOiNK!

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 07 May, 2015, 04:08:26 PM
Agreed! My memory from week to week is a shambles, and while there are 'story so far' boxes in the prog they tend to be more general back story with the current storyline summed up in a line. I find my memory takes a bit more refreshing than that!

Every Saturday when the new Prog arrives I sit down with the previous week's issue and reread it all first, then settle down for the new issue, all refreshed.  Sieve-like head here too!
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

robert_ellis

I grab the prog every Tuesday and read it on the Bakerloo line with often only the vaguest memory of last week. As a result I love the big dumb stories but have no idea of what's going on in the more involved stuff. Dredd for me is the perfect combination of complexity and brevity. I love the art on Slaine but I'll never understand what's happening & whats flashback. Stront has also appealed now it's returned to its pulpy roots

Geoff

Yes I do that too and have been for 24 years now. In all that time I have never seen anyone else reading the Prog or the Meg.

Interesting...I've lived in London all my life, so spent a good deal of time on tubes and buses, and I've also never seen anyone read the prog or the meg either (mainly Northern line for me)

Any other Londoners seen a fellow reader on the Tube?

UncleBaal

Victoria and District Lines - often a trade rather than the actual prog though...

sheridan

Quote from: SimonBowland on 04 May, 2015, 02:44:19 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 03 May, 2015, 01:28:45 AM
I hope the surgery went well, and that any recovery time is short.
Thanks, Sheridan! Tharg has me back at work already...
Rightly so - it'd be off to Mek-Quake if you weren't!