Main Menu

Meg 260 - Family Feud

Started by thinky, 25 June, 2007, 11:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinky

a welcome return for a dredd cast member and more insight into Joe's responsibilities towards his 'family'

i'd love to let you all know how the rest of the meg looks, but i've got the great british weather to thanks for a colourful puddle of mush

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Judge Merlin

Yea mines sat on the radiator too. Thank drokk he had the weekly under it in his bag.

Steve Green

I just read Blood of Satanus, and honestly, you could swap Dredd's expedition for the ABC Warriors and the dialogue would fit better. Terrible.

The Dredd and Angel Gang were great though.

Not read the rest, yet.

- Steve

Judge Merlin

Must say Im finding Satanus rather shit to be honest.

Loved The Angel Gang and a great Dredd this month.

Mr Ruh

I still haven't read the last Meg - somehow the cover put me off. I dread to think what the rain's done to my 2000 AD and Meg too.

Proudhuff

Heads up Button man!! Dreddlines ahoy! 3 letters two from the SE Engerland and 1 fi USA

Dredd: Great stuff family stuff, no wonder Dredd has new boots, nice storytelling art work

Interrogation Carl Critchlow; too much Thrud no enough Lobster

Text horror comic never bothered

Big Robots Anderson :hmmm not really grabbing me, but we now know why the builds walked

Blood of Sat: sorry gave up ages ago

The rest I can't be arsed to read , nothing grabbing at all

poor show except Dredd which could easily be in 2k

Disappointed Huff

DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Way ahead of you Huff, check out your favourite thread!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Byron Virgo

"too much Thrud no enough Lobster"

Thrud's infinitely superior to Lobster Random.

The_2000AD_Gay

Dredd: A nice one-off. Ties in nicely with Dredd questionning the system in 2000 AD.

Anderson: We finally see some plot development, but it's far too late for me to care.

Sat: I liked last months edition, but I cringed at this helping. Am I meant to believe that Mega City-1 is going to pieces with demons running a-mock, whilst there are no reprocussions in any other Dredd story. Guess I have to use my imagination.

Angel Gang: I'm enjoying this. It has an interesting plot and the artwork is stunning. Roberts is certainly pulling out all the stops on this one.

Features: I loved the second part of the Horror feature, jolly good. Worley is witty as ever on the Movie Round-Up (totally agree with his view on Pirates 3).

Trout

That's just what the Meg's been missing - a Wagner Dredd.

Let's do that again.

That's just what the Meg's been missing - a Wagner Dredd.

More of that, please, Meg-Tharg. In my opinion, British comics don't get any better than John Wagner writing about Judge Dredd, his attitudes to his city and his extended family.
Nice art, too.

Also, the Angels story is top stuff. I demand more work for Steve Roberts! Got it?

And that's about it for my interest in the Meg. As usual, I'll get around to the text features when I get around to them. I like them well enough, but they're not the reason I buy it.

I want decent comic strip. If I want to read text, I'll buy something else, although the horror comics piece looks bloody good.

Finally, I have to say - as I seem to every month now - the Mills/Hicklenton story is about as bad a comic strip as I have ever read.
I remain convinced that if this was submitted to any editor without established names attached, it would be rejected immediately.

I'm running out of ways to express my sheer hatred for it, and bitter disappointment that it would be published in a comic from the House of Tharg. It's fucking shameful.

- Trout

Captain Patriot

The cover is in the middle range for me. Good but needed something else I think?

Loved the Dredd story but thought Wagner moved away from the Dredd charater. His reasoning behind Dolman's actions are justified but I don't believe Dredd should have stepped into overrule McGinnâ??s sentence. Just a reduction, after all manslaughter is a punishable crime (circumstanceâ??s mitigating of course).

Link: http://www.judgedreddscrotnigblogger.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/" target="_blank">Judge Dredd Scrotnig Blogger - Review

http://www.judgedreddscrotnigblogger.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/meg_260.jpg">

The_2000AD_Gay

I think the covers awesome. We see a lot of covers with hard-hitting and in your face decisions (like the past 2), but this one's kind of thought provoking.

Trout

thinky

Nobody else get the Meg?

yep, though it's a bit ripped and sogified still.

Dredd was very good.
Critchlow was entertaining but sadly short
Horror was horrific (in a good way)
Anderson was ploddy but beautiful
Molcher was interesting but deserved more
Other - still to read, except for

Satanus..?

It's fucking shameful

my favourite review one-liner.

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk