Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Having only caught the film in 3D, im intrigued to see it - in full, in 2D when the ol' shiny disc lands.

Apestrife

Quote from: CraveNoir on 19 December, 2012, 05:32:04 PM
Blu-ray trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=225Glg5CoVY

Anyone else agree that the trailer is beyond amazing!? No words enough to describe how much I wish that this would have been the debut trailer. Sure, I'd pissed myself but more people would definitely gone and seen it plus no discussion about Ma-Ma's death being shown or "Looks like the Raid.".

MR. ELIMINATOR

Trailer 2? Must have missed the first one. Also, why didn't they use all the quotes and stars stuff that you normally see on trailers. Dredd certainly got enough of them.

Apestrife

Quote from: Apestrife on 19 December, 2012, 05:52:11 PM
I'd pissed myself...

*Forgot to include "out of excitement.", just to make it clear I'd have a good reason to ;)

radiator

That trailer is SO much better than the theatrical one it's not even funny - it has so much more energy and attitude, and reflects the tone of the film much better.

Maybe people would have actually gone to see it if that was released instead...  :(

Apestrife

Quote from: radiator on 19 December, 2012, 06:24:44 PM
That trailer is SO much better than the theatrical one it's not even funny - it has so much more energy and attitude, and reflects the tone of the film much better.

Maybe people would have actually gone to see it if that was released instead...  :(

Making a push for it on facebook. It's not as iconic as Sin city or 300's, but pretty damn close, and that's enough. Especially love the feel you get from it that it doesn't show the best bits either, but the best is yet to come if you watch the whole thing.

By the way. Hideo Kojima, the man behind Metal Gear Solid and a fan of Escape from new york. Anyone else care to post a link to the trailer on his twitter demanding that he see's this since he likes EfNY? If he does, then more will follow!

shaolin_monkey

Wow, that's a cracking trailer!!!  Everyone post it on social sites NOW!!!

MR. ELIMINATOR

Love watching all the little clips they have posted too. It's gotten me all excited to see it again now.

Spikes

Quote from: radiator on 19 December, 2012, 06:24:44 PM

^ This.
Pretty high octane, isnt it.

Rusty

Quote from: CraveNoir on 19 December, 2012, 05:32:04 PM
Blu-ray trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=225Glg5CoVY
Is that the TV spot for the blu ray release? Agree with what everyone else is saying. It's brutally obvious now that the official cinema release trailer was just a shambles. No doubts if that one had been the trailer, a lot more people would have went to see it. I mean, I've seen the film twice and that trailer makes me excited to want to see it again.

moly

That is such a good trailer for the blu ray, they should of brought the release date forward a couple of weeks though for xmas

Richmond Clements

Can we not start picking over the 'what they did wrong with the movie in the cinema' thing again, please?
I think it's all been said.

Goaty

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 December, 2012, 07:30:56 PM
Can we not start picking over the 'what they did wrong with the movie in the cinema' thing again, please?
I think it's all been said.

Agree.

junox