Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 May, 2016, 03:19:19 AM

Tories = Haters of the poor, doctors, firefighters, the disabled, Muslims, refugees, children, single parents, workers, unions, union members, and people who don't like sticking their cock in a dead pig's mouth

FTFY

IndigoPrime

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 May, 2016, 03:19:19 AMb]Labour[/b] = Haters of the rich and Jews
And the current Labour leader, half of the unions, and most Labour voters, seemingly.

JamesC

Steve Green

Looks like Sadiq Khan is the new London Mayor and Goldsmith's campaign backfired.

6 police forces are looking to investigate election spending by the Conservatives from the 2015 election.

Lynton Crosby got a knighthood for his efforts.

Tjm86

... and the British population continue to be right royally screwed ... mainly by their own consent.

Professor Bear

I've been reading in the Guardian how taking control of the capital and getting more seats than any other party is absolutely terrible news for Labour, with the majority of articles clinging to "they lost in Scotland" like a drowning man clings to flotsam.

One fleetingly-mentioned tidbit was interesting, though: because of the recent boundary changes, getting a majority of votes won't actually let Labour win the next General Election.

TordelBack

70 days of no Irish government (all on full pay), and our resulting new cabinet is the most depressing thing I've ever seen. Political cronyism and personal advantage, principles traded for fat pensions and a government that won't last a year. And almost time for their summer hols!

I may be fightin' with Legendary Shark Block soon enough.

soggy

Quote from: Tordelback on 06 May, 2016, 09:09:37 PM
70 days of no Irish government (all on full pay), and our resulting new cabinet is the most depressing thing I've ever seen. Political cronyism and personal advantage, principles traded for fat pensions and a government that won't last a year. And almost time for their summer hols!

I may be fightin' with Legendary Shark Block soon enough.

To be fair TB they have to last at least 2 years to get the fat pension.

COMMANDO FORCES

I think you'll find they came behind the Tories in Scotland. Now if that isn't a failure I don't know what is Bear.
Obviously that news clip when I watched Corbynladen say it wasn't the best of performances was in my imagination.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Professor Bear on 06 May, 2016, 08:52:37 PMclinging to "they lost in Scotland" like a drowning man clings to flotsam.

Banners

Here in Cheshire, an ex senior Copper with 30 years experience has been ousted as PCC by a failed businessman who is now in charge of a £200 million budget. Whether you think PCCs are a good idea or not, this is another example of why tribal party politics is flawed and needs to be abolished for the sake of the greater good.

sheridan

Khan now officially the new Mayor of London (cue lots of versions of this picture):

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 07 May, 2016, 02:07:39 AM
Khan now officially the new Mayor of London

OMG, London under Sharia Law! At least Scotland remains loyal to Israel. Etc.

Steve Green

TordelBack

Quote from: Steve Green on 07 May, 2016, 10:34:37 AM
Michael Fallon gracious in defeat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36235427

It's at times like these that I can see the appeal of Trump. At least he'd say "no, an ISIS fanatic like the Mohammeden immigrant Khan represents an imminent threat to all the decent white people of this once great city". As opposed to just implying it with every pathetic evasion. And since when was housing and public transport the responsibility of the Defence Secretary?