Main Menu

Steve Dillon: Apex Edition

Started by broodblik, 14 October, 2023, 04:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 27 March, 2024, 10:36:50 PMWho did the rogue trooper print? Pretty sure that's not Steve.

I wondered the same — it really doesn't look like his work. There's strong hint of Rufus about it, definitely in the hands.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

It's a nice image. But it would be deeply weird for a limited print to not be art by the artist who the book is about.

Link Prime

Quote from: pauljholden on 27 March, 2024, 10:36:50 PMWho did the rogue trooper print?

Actually looks like your work PJ.

Richard

I think that's Carl Critchlow.

Steve Green

pauljholden

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Yeah, I'd forgotten about it - but at the time now remember thinking it didn't look much like Steve's work - I don't know the story behind it, if it was a commission or him trying something new...

Richard

That only proves that someone thought it was Dillon's work and lent it to the exhibition. It doesn't look anything like Dillon's style at all, and I suspect it was there by mistake.

Richard

Aah, ignore me, I've just noticed his signature on it!

IndigoPrime

Curious that this book is a fiver cheaper than the McMahon one. I wonder why? Fewer pages? Shifts in materials costs?

My brain will of course now use this to justify buying a copy.

Le Fink

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 March, 2024, 02:53:05 PMCurious that this book is a fiver cheaper than the McMahon one. I wonder why? Fewer pages? Shifts in materials costs?

My brain will of course now use this to justify buying a copy.
I wasn't going to but the Werewolf pages are making it more tempting. No news on Cinnabar or City of the Damned?

Dash Decent

Quote from: pauljholden on 27 March, 2024, 10:36:50 PMWho did the rogue trooper print? Pretty sure that's not Steve.

Never mind who did it, what's Rogue doing in that picture?  I assume he's meant to be sitting on a pile of rocks, but it looks more like he's lowering himself onto it, or squatting over it.  It looks like the picture was originally his head and torso within the Souther emblem, and then a decision was made to extend it, adding the (very far-apart) legs.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

castle4

Anyone know why 'The 2000 AD Art of Steve Dillon Apex Edition' only appears to be for sale direct from 2000ad? The other artist editions were also available from Forbidden Planet and comic shops, but a Google search only shows it available direct. Well, it also shows OK comics, but they are 'out of stock'.

IndigoPrime

I mean, it's not out yet. Presumably when it is, more places will stock it.