Main Menu

IMPORTANT: Emergency Message Board now available

Started by NikolaiDante, 14 January, 2003, 06:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikolaiDante

Hi All,

In an effort to cut-down on the time it takes to sort out an outage on this site and to reduce the onset of ThrillSucker infestation, I have created (with Wake's assistance) an Emergency Message Board.

You can access this at : http://www.shergold.org:2000" target="_blank">http://www.shergold.org:2000

Please use this ONLY in an emergency as ALL posts are not just displayed on the page but are emailed to me and I also get an SMS sent to my phone.

If there is an outage or other serious problem please consult the board to see if :

• The problem has already been posted

•  
  • I (or Wake) have posted a response.

You use the message board in exactly the same way as normal, using your username & password. Please note these are case-sensitive.

We have tested it! (thanks to Mecha-Bou & garywilkinson for sending some messages)

Any feedback on the usefulness would be helpful.

Barny Shergold
Support FUTUREQUAKE - it makes sense

karne

Crikey Barny! That's a biggun!

Wake

How about setting it so that we both get emailed if the gap between the current post and the most recent previous post is at least a day, but not otherwise. That would mean that during outages people could post on it without feeling guilty for clogging up your phone.

Wake

Wake

And I'll take a dim view of anyone who starts playing about with html in thread titles, just because they can.

Wake

Wake

Sorry for deleting your message on the Test thread, Oddboy.

I've just disabled html from thread titles and created a new admin category which automatically gives a larger title. Only 7 users can access it, 2 of which have only ever posted 1 message between them on the board.

Wake

Oddboy

That's okay.
But watch out, it could be the thin edge of the Starlin shaped wedge.
Better set your phaser to stun.

El Spurioso

Doesn't it cost Barny money every time he gets sent a text, and therefore every time someone posts a message?

[eeevil grin]

Jared Katooie

See, see? Everyone thought I was the evil one and I never did that sort of thing!

Also, what would qualify as an emergency? Nuclear war? I'm not exactly going to do a post to see if anyone else has noticed while the bombs are falling around me ears...

JK.

Mk13

>the Starlin shaped wedge.

So you're a member of the proletriat, but youre having trouble keeping the doors in the commune from swinging shut. Then you need...

Oddboy

Wake - the heading stays glowy on the message index even when you've read the messages...
Better set your phaser to stun.

Wake

Yes it does.

That's a feature, not a bug.

Wake

NikolaiDante

>Doesn't it cost Barny money every time he gets >sent a text, and therefore every time someone >posts a message?

>[eeevil grin]

No. Free service from Genie

NikolaiDante

>Doesn't it cost Barny money every time he gets >sent a text, and therefore every time someone >posts a message?

>[eeevil grin]

No. Free service from Genie

[angelic grin]

Wake

Time to bouce this back to the top I think. The site has been down for much of the afternoon.

Wake

ukdane

Trouble is, if the sites down, no one can read this message.
Cheers

-Daney